twitching?

I was diagnosed with Myoclonic Jerking a few years back. It happens the most when I'm really tired, which is a lot of the time. But it doesn't seem to happen so much anymore. I wonder if it was a side effect of a medication I was on? One doctor was really concerned about this symptom (and none of the others) and had me do a sleep study...found several things wrong with my sleep cycle, including restless leg syndrome.

Have you had an electromyogram (EMG)? It is important in order to exclude ALS, muscular dystrophy, etc. Experts (hard to find in the US) can also do a special form of EMG to rule out mitochondrial disorder. I have muscle loss and fasciculations so I went to a Professor of Neurology with significant expertise in neuromuscular disorders. She performed an EMG and found some abnormalities but was able to determine that their cause is benign and to rule out any of the above serious diseases.

It seems that the atrophy is due to hypopituitarism (low testosterone and growth hormone). The fasciculations may be part of AAG.

Muscle fasciculations are common in Guillain Barre syndrome, and AAG is a rare variant of Guillain Barre.