Funny Story

So sunday my hubs says " (he has a good cold or flu bug) I dont think I can go to the party (purim party) monday night becasue I feel too bad..I cant stand up for more than 10 minutes, I am hot and cold, My glands are swollen, I am dizzy, I cant concentrate on anything, all I can do is stare at stuff, I cant even sit up for very long before I feel terrible. If I do anything like read even for just 10 mintues I just feel awful and have to close my eyes and lay down."

All I could say to him was "yep, Sounds awful". To myself " story of my life!" So I will drive the two hours to take my daughter to the party tonight.... I might buy sunglass cover thingies for my glasses though...I detest night driving...

Ah well....just thought I would share...(-;

Hmichael,

You have more self-restraint than I do. I would not have been able to hold back a comment.

Hope you have fun (or is it had fun?) at the party.

I cannot drive for two hours, much less for one hour. My limit is about 30 minutes and that's pushing it, so I envy you.

Yea, it was hard to not say anything more but I find it rarely does much good...lol

I can drive ok, Sometimes I have to put the seat a click or two back but usually that makes it do-able for me. I will be wiped tomorrow though (party is tonight). Luckily I will be able to sit and watch kids play tonight so it won't be overly stand-up-ish.

I wouldn't have been able to hold back a comment either...not in a mean way or anything, but i remind my healthy friends in a joking manner what it is like to walk in my shoes. My best friend from grade school was especially clued in one day while riding on the subway...she felt like she was going to pass out and realized how i feel a lot of the time. Her empathy for me increased a lot that day!

Hope the party goes well tonight!

I think if you loose consciousness a lot then you can't drive anymore. Luckily my body stays at a dull roar most of the time...so I have the LOC down to two bad days a year..

I can tell when I wake up in the middle of the night if I am going to have a day, so I stay home then..