Walking in a daze

bamagirl

It's really annoying to walk around in a fog-like state. It's like waking up and feeling like you've been hit by a truck and then going downhill from there. <_<

Have you tired anything like Cerefolin - or a 1 mg pill of Folic Acid?

I notice I feel more "clear" since I've started the folic acid. I know the Cerefolin has helped some people on this forum with brain fog. I've never tried the Cerefolin, but the 1 mg pill of folic acid was given to me because of a high C-reactive protein in my blood.

Do you take any vitamins?

Hi Futurehope,

I was reallt interested to hear that you found folic acid to be a help.Did you just think of trying that yourself or did your doctor suggest it?One more question-is 1mg equal to 100mcg?It's just that I,like bamagirl, feel like I'm in a daze too and it lasts all day <_< .I'd be willing to give anything a go to get even a bit of mental clarity back.

This happens to me all the time... especially during a really bad flare up of symptoms. I haven't found much that helps except to try to stay hydrated and eat something salty. That's not always all that helpful--I usually still feel "floaty", like I'm not quite awake, but the food and water makes me less likely to physically drop and hurt myself.

Nina

Dee,

There's 1000 mcg in a milligram. I just asked my pharmacist. Your 100 mcg dose is 1/10 of the prescription strength of 1 mg.

I need to mention that there are some medications that could cause you to feel like you're in a fog also. So, you would have to look at everything.

Also, are you able to ingest anything with some stimulent in it like caffeine? I know I can't, but maybe you can and it would help. Personally, I would try the vitamin before trying the caffeine since the caffeine is usually in the form of a beverage with lots of sugar and not much else.

Also, I find if I stay in bed too long, I feel even more spacey. So it's a fine line figuring out when to get out of bed since I always feel poorly first thing in the morning. My sleep doc suggested that anything over 8 hours is too much, but I ignore that sometimes.

I hope you find something that helps.

Guest tearose

I do the vitamins and supplements too BUT...the morning magic for me is

COFFEE!!! Two yummy breakfast mugsfull!

I lovingly refer to it as "the nectar of the goddess" <_<

I must, must, must take my mornings slow and steady and it takes no less than 1 1/2 hours to get my ANS up to functioning mode and the brain AWAKE!

I drink some water, drag my body to the kitchen, do my nectar, get washed, go through the "donning of the compression garments ritual" and then, get dressed and then...my daze it gone!

can you tolerate a cup or two of coffee?

hope you find something that works for you...

tearose

Hi,

Brain fog is one of my most common symptoms. I agree with Nina, the things that help are staying hydrated and salty foods...

Jacquie

Thanks for the advice.I think i'll talk to my doctor about trying the folic acid in the 1mg form,can't hurt to try and see if it helps.I can't seem to tolerate coffee very well though as my heart seems to become even more uncomfortable shortly after drinking it.Cheers again.

Yeh i tell my dr's that i wake up sometimes feeling stoned ... not the best thing to say to docs but its the best way i can explain it ... i feel seperated from reality kind of, its really hard to connect with whats going on around me, especially people at times when i feel this way.

I am always amazed at the stoners out there who choose to feel this way! heh

like nina & others mentioned, this ALWAYS gets worse for me if my salt & fluid intake are down. but at other times it's worse for no identifiable reason. if i've been up for too long (sitting) it gets worse as well.

but yeah, i was just saying to my mom on the phone today that i feel completely drugged. for whatever reason this has been getting worse for me lately. so i can definitely relate.

:) melissa

caffeine first thing works for me, or at least helps. I am in a perpetual fog some times. Keeping my feet UP helps too.

Yea, it is amazing that some people choose to take something to make them feel stoned...Yuck.

It takes me about an hour and a half or so for my body/mind to come together in the morning. I just cant function for a while after getting up...I have never really understood why...But I guess my ANS just wakes up after I do.

For me, my pacemaker has certainly helped with my morning drunkeness. I, personally, think that at night my heartrate and pressure were dropping so low while I slept that I would wake up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. So, I can totally relate. I know a pacemaker certainly can''t be the only option but, for me it definitely has helped with this problem. Of course, as Nina and Melissa both stated fluids and salt can help to some degree. Good luck!

Carmen

I feel lightheaded all day long, then worse suddenly at some point if I am standing. I take folic acid and that hasn't changed that symptom. Coffee helps but I only take it in the AM because my BP can go up. I think my "permanent daze" started with my BB, but I need the BB to keep out of ER. Oh, well.

Another thing for me: when the barometer is low, the daze is stronger.

I am trying to act as if I am not in a daze, which I often pull off. I wish I had acting training, but this is a do-it-yourself lesson!

OLL

This is one symptom that I am having a bit of problems with. It's like my brain took a vacation and left me here to try and do this on my own. Like the others have mentioned, I try and make sure that my fluid/salt intake are inhumanly high. I get so bad sometimes that I don't have any idea what is going on around me, or what people are saying. I too hope to wake up someday and not feel this way. My pots doc did put me on .1mg of florinef 3 weeks ago and I do feel more awake. Another suggestion that I have seen results in is ADD medications, which I myself haven't tried yet.

I do hope your fog clears up soon! :D

Nicole