Blood volume

Guest Belinda

Guest Belinda

I forgot to ask this in my other posting..my hematologist is sending me for blood volume testing on Fri. at Cleveland CLinic..anything I should know like they turn me upside down or something??? I know to not drink anything 4 hrs. before the test but anything else I need to know???

Hematologist is doing this at my request after swearing to her that lots of people with pOTS have low blood volume which could be contributing to her thinking I have high red blood cells and may dter her from trying to get me to do a bone marrow biopsy!wWhich would stink!

Anywho..thanks..still weak..throbbing..spasming..Belinda

Hello!

I hope everything goes well! Thanks for letting us know about the test and please let us know how everything goes. My dr. was able to get the results the next day from the hospital who performed it. (they pretty much know within a few hours but have to have a dr. read over the results)

I had this done in November - it definitely wore me out but was worth having the results to show my dr's (I'm hypovolemic)

They wouldn't let me leave for a while because my bp was so low afterwards. They made me go straight to the cafeteria to get some food in my system -- it would be better just to take some food as you might not feel like hanging out at the hospital any longer.

The test itself wasn't too bad -- I just reclined in a chair and relaxed while they took blood -- it took about 90 minutes -- I believe Cleveland Clinic also uses the Daxor BVA-100 method so it should take a similar amount of time.

Hope all goes well,

Lisa

i was required to lay flat and still for the duration of mine. but it was overall one of the easiest tests i've had. hope it brings some answers for you...

:) melissa

i was required to lay flat and still for the duration of mine. but it was overall one of the easiest tests i've had. hope it brings some answers for you...

:) melissa

Same here, except that the injection was freezing cold and it felt like there was icy water running down my arm. :))

Guest Belinda

Thanks guys..I had the blood volume test done yesterday..it eas actually in Fouads office and she will be interpretating it..and will send me a copy and my hematologist.

It wasn't bad I laid there for about 60min.they injested the stuff and drew lots of vials.

Will let you know what it says soon...

Thanks again and hugs..Belinda

Sorry Belinda, I just saw your post now. Hope everything went smoothly for you! :)

Jacquie