BP question.. no bottom number...again

Hi folks I am wondering.. I had a bad passing out spell w/ paralysis this morning. after having adrenaline surges all night.. and absolutley no sleep.. and again I passed out and had paralysis while laying down. baffles me i really does..

well of course after a spell I cant help but not fall asleep.. I zonked out for about 1 hour or so.. and then had to get going to to go to a cardio app... well I was really burning the candle from both ends today.. and I went to the new cardio.. and it went well in regards to the doc herself.. very nice.. what a switch!!

Coming to my point.. I was still MAJORLY sysmptomatic once I got to ther office. then took me back and did vitals.. and they kept checking my BP I said you got a messed up reading didnt you?? the nurse was like yeah.. I cant get a bottom number.. so he kept trying.. and ulitamately my Bp was 130/0.. several times.. then he tried again and he got a reading of 130/20..

so the NP comes in and she is like WOW.. and re-checks my BP and it was 130/90...

do any of you experience BP that the bottom number bottoms out.. and you have a top number that is actually high for you norm top pressure??

I'm just wondering b/c its not the first time that my BP has been so low that it is unfindable..

I guess that I am a bit baffled by things..I'm sure that I was still reeling from passing out too.. oh what fun that was.. NOT!! considering that I had about 1 hours sleep in over a 24 hour period.. and that I feel horrid in general!

any inout would be appreciated!

I have had very odd readings at home and at the drs. offices. The nurses act like they don't know how to take a BP and then they try a few more times and get a funny look on there face and back out. This happened a number of times and finally I told a dr. I didn't think his nurse knew how to take BP and he smiled and said the nurse couldn't find one and was very embarressed. He took it and shook his head and said something wasn't right. he didn't think it was anything to be conserned about.Hm.(Haven't been back to his office.

i have some "patterns" - to a degree - but just about any & every reading has been found on me over the years.....

isn't it just too much fun? :)

:) melissa

I've never had my diastolic flatline, but I have had strange readings. On my TTT my bp would go from 130/80 to 60/40 and back up to 160/100 in a period of a few minutes. It confused the doctors, but they said they'd seen it before (this was at vandy).

I'm sorry you had such a rough night. Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight.

oh yeah its loads of fun!! NOT!! LOL

well I am feeling much better today then yesterday.. YIPPEE!! I'm potsy but at a normal potsy kinda of day.. I actually got to leave the house today!! and bought a new book to read (the purpose driven life) and grabbed a late linch at subway (yummy)!! and i could eat it without getting an immediate tummy ach.. HOORAY!! and I rented a movie to watch for tonight..Bu the best news of all is I slept a solid and I do mean SOLID 13 1/2 hrs straight with out waking up not one time!!

I was amazed to fall asleep last night and wake up at about 1:30 pm this afternoon!! WHOOO! wow what a diference sleep makes.. I ddint even wake up nauseated this afternoon.. what a switch!!

My Bp.. I dont know about that.. its nuts...I guess its just all part of the potsy package..i have had my bottom number flatline more then once.. and the lowest my top number has been recorder at is 45.. and I was barely conscious at that point...I as well as Dr.g are curious to see what my Bp is when I totally pass out...i think that would be zilch! 0... :D:) i remerber calling my parents once about 2-3 yrs ago.. and I had checked my BP and it was 45 over something.. and my dad goes well that cant be right.. you'd be dead if it was that low!..it has been like that several times since then.. go figure.. amzing bodies we all live in..

Melissa --did you find a body transplant waiting list yeT??? LOL let me know when you do!!

still waiting on that transplant list...and waiting...and waiting :D

glad you're feeling at least a bit better today,

:) melissa