AHHH

ArmyNPots

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to successfully lose some excess weight left over from my recent pregnancy? I was 120 pounds when i conceived my son and now im 160. Im in the military (they are medically chaptering me because of POTS), but i cant do anything exercise-wise because I get so sick afterwards and during. Is there anything anyone can think of to help?? I just feel so discouraged with being sick and with being heavier!!!

Please Help

Hi.. Um do you have access to a pool?? your body is lighter and under less stress in a pool.. and maybe pool stuff. swimming or water aerobics of some kind could help you??

as always with pots.. and a pool have somebody with you incase you are having a potsy moment..or try some stretching stuff sitting or laying dwon first..

where are you stationed at?? my brother got discharged from the army ( he finished his tour of duty and such and time he signed up for) this past summer.. he was at the Fort campbell base..Airborne..screaming eagles..

good luck to you!

I hear you. I weighed 130 when I conceived and hovered around 160 for quite awhile. I was actually underweight prior to pregnancy, so just wanted to lose 10 lbs. I think you just need to slowly step up your exercise. Exercise is important for POTS patients. Unless there is a reason you can't exercise that a doctor has given you, try to start with floor exercises and move slowly to more strenuous activity over time. I was eventually able to walk, pushing a stroller, for an hour at a time. I eventually got to the weight I wanted--it did take awhile.

Take care,

Katherine

Well I still have some pregnancy weight and my son just turned 2. I got sick very suddenley (unsure why) when my son was 5months and was in shock for so long that I just sat on the couch etc.

I'm starting to slowly to exercise now but it takes awhile for my body to lose weight.

How are you? I've been wondering about you and haven't seen any posts in a long time. How did the rest of your pregnancy go? How about delivery? Do you feel better or worse than pre-pregnancy? Sorry for all the questions but I'm always interested on how everyone does with pregnancy.

If I remember correctly you were bedbound before pregnancy. I hope you found some treatment that helped give you a better quality of life.

Please give us an update.

Take care and don't worry to much about the weight, a new baby is so worth it.

dayna

A nutritionist could help you figure out the needed calories you need per day to lose the weight and maintain your weight loss considering your difficulty in exercising. It may be paid by your insurance if your doctor recommends it. My husband and I went to one for his weight/diabetes. I had previously lost 40+ pounds on my own by eating healthy after having 3 kids. The nutritionists have rubber food samples of portions. I wish I had a set for my own kids to see. You would not realize how little you really need to eat. For being 6 foot 3 and large boned, my husband is supposed to eat only 1,800 - 2,000 calories a day! Being smaller, I need only 1,300 - 1,500 calories a day. I am not a crazy calorie counter. I just read a calorie guide to get an idea of calories and fat content and estimate how much I should eat. You may also want to check out the book, The Glycemic Revolution.

Take care,

Marie