stabby pains

Wufflebear

Ok, I am at my wits end with this one.

Starting saturday night I have had stabbing or pinching pains in various locations. Particluarly when I breath in.

Mostly it is like a sore spot in the center of my chest & in the lower rib on my left side...For hours early sunday morning I was stabbed everytime I breathed in unless I curled up in a ball on my left side and then it just ached...It eventually started sending pains all thru my chest, and down my left arm and into my neck and I had a great pressure headache too..

bp and pules were normal...

Then later I got stabbed in the back, like rapid pains under my left wing...not related to breathing in or out...

Then today I have had them in my right breast like near my armpit whenever I breathed in, then it eases up, then it happens again.

Meantime my arms and head and everything just feel wiped...Like you do after a lot of pain or total exhaustion...

ibuprofin does not seem to be doing anything.

I was actually reduced to tears in front of my four year old sunday am when she came in..She wanted to cuddle and play and I could not breath w/o getting pain.

I am just totally wiped.... Anyone else get this kind of stuff???

It's like growing pains on steroids or something.....

also I can get pinched in my chest if I am slumping sometimes. I even got one that turned my breast numb once. I dont know....

Guest CyberPixie

I have EDS and chostocondritis (sp?) I have to stretch to feel my chest *open up* so it doesnt feel so tight and pressure and breathe easier.

Yikes! I would go get this one checked out if it were me. Especially with chest pain radiating to your left arm and neck, plus feeling like you are totally wiped out. Hopefully its nothing....but it's better to be safe then sorry. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Take Care, M

I tried. I went to the ER and had a bp reading of 147/52 and a pulse of 106 and then they put me on a gurney and I waited 3 hours...I finally asked as as they were not going to get to me yet...I left AMA.

They had told me that "you dont look like you are having an emergency" and "when you say chest pains we think we need to clear out the ER" and I think I explained pots/dysautonomia 7 ways to sunday...

I see my cardiologist tomorrow so I will bring it up there... It really felt pinching...like something was getting pinched when I breathed in.... thats why I wondered about EDS or costochrondritis..

Have you ever had a magnesium loading test? It is a urine magnesium level, then you get a magnesium injection (maybe some give it orally) and then the urine is retested. If your body keeps the magnesium, you needed it. Migrating pains and muscle spasms and cramps might be low magnesium. A number of medications cause magnesium to be lost.

A thought, anyway...

Hope you are better now.

LL

yea, right now it is ok.

but sunday morning it started for like 1 1/2 hours stabby and achy when it was not stabby. Woke me up.

Then all day sunday and monday it was just very achy and periodically I would get a stab/pinch. But sometimes the pinch was other places (right breast near armpit, back..even got some very mild pinch feelings in my back that were with my heart beat...which was beating very hard at that particular moment.) It was monday from 12.30-1.30ish where it started pinching/stabbing w/ every breath again...and drove me to the ER for help.... Not like I got any.

Yea, I don't think it is my heart for the most part...more like cartilage or something cause if I lay on my left side in a ball it does not pinch...just aches. And if I hunch over it would stab me worse and sometimes stretching around helped a bit....but I dont know.

I have had it before but it was always at night and only just when I went to bed for a bit (10-20 min) and then it would go away. I get intermittant stabby growing pains in side, breasts and then sometimes in the chest but not as much as this episode.

That's really interesting about the chest- I feel the need to stretch and open my chest up to- tell me more about this, if you can? No one has ever been able to explain it to me but it's when I do that that I get my worst symptoms- my chest pops- people can actually hear it! I have EDS aswell

I would suggest seeing your Cardiologist ASAP. Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. I was admitted to hospital in December for a Virus infection in the heart. I had unbearable chest pain and could not even breath. The outer layer of my heart got a virus infection and this was causing the immense pain. I have the most wonderful doctor and he did allot of tests and looked after me so well. I had to lie in bed for a week on my back to give my heart chance to heal. Normally they can give you medication but I can?t take any due to being pregnant. Find a good Cardiologist. You pain sounds unbearable and I hope someone finds out what your body is up to. Never a dull moment with pots! :)

Well I saw the cardio yesterday and he said it is not my heart. So that is good!

I still dont konw what it really is...it is not stabbing anymore but more of a dull ache that definatly hurts if you put pressure on my chest and the ache grows a bit when I breath in or bend over (sometimes). I dunno...

He thought at first it was an inflamation of some lining or another in the lungs? but he had me put pressure on my chest and breath in and no stab... so I guess it is not that.