One more apology, then I'm done.

LindaJoy

I just received an email from the person who told me about Dr. Grubb's approaching surgery. She clarified that it was for complications that occurred from his first surgery. I apologize if I misunderstood her information to say that he was having a reoccurence of cancer. I spoke out of turn. I do apologize. I meant no harm or disrespect to Dr. Grubb or to anyone here. I'm sorry.

LindaJoy

Guest tearose

Oh my goodness!

Don't you dare apologize!

If only once you are allowed to be human and hopeful...the time is now!!!

He is not loosing sleep over you and everyone is allowed to have an "off" day.

Yes, he has his trouble but ahem.....who doesn't????

Are we going to start to rank who's life is worse? I don't think so.

Some folks with a "simple cold" are having a really rough day and some folks on their "death bed" are telling jokes.

You were sensitive to his condition. You were just being a pro-active person!

You sounded hopeful and inquisitive but not threatening or demeaning.

Please don't think we think badly of you! :lol:

We were all hoping you would come back with a pearl of wisdom and many of us were sad along with you!

now stop feeling bad and get some water and go to sleep!

hugs, tearose

Tearose, thank you so much. I've been in tears since I read Steph's post. I needed your post. Thank you so much. I mean that so, so much!

Linda

Oh my goodness!

Don't you dare apologize!

If only once you are allowed to be human and hopeful...the time is now!!!

He is not loosing sleep over you and everyone is allowed to have an "off" day.

Yes, he has his trouble but ahem.....who doesn't????

Are we going to start to rank who's life is worse? I don't think so.

Some folks with a "simple cold" are having a really rough day and some folks on their "death bed" are telling jokes.

You were sensitive to his condition. You were just being a pro-active person!

You sounded hopeful and inquisitive but not threatening or demeaning.

Please don't think we think badly of you! :o

We were all hoping you would come back with a pearl of wisdom and many of us were sad along with you!

now stop feeling bad and get some water and go to sleep!

hugs, tearose

Guest tearose

Hey cutie...remember....we are all "guilty" of having a tendency to "fight and flight" right?

so even among our pals...sometimes we go into overdrive!

Your intentions were honorable and that is what matters.

sweet dreams, tearose

Hey Linda,

Don't stress too much about it, it was an honest error. I make em all the time!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Jacquie

I'm away at a conference, and don't have much left in me for today... BUT, I was reminded of a quote:

If you think you're having a bad day, just try not having one. -Zig Zigler

Linda,

Please don't beat yourself up!! You are human and like someone else said, even though there are forum rules, it does seem you've been unfairly dumped on.

I can clearly see you were doing your best and like most of us do, you were sharing your frustration and sadness over what happened, how others were treating him and how you were frustrated with not getting the help you deserve.

I think most of us on this board understand what it's like to fight over and over for good Dr.s to help us and it is incredibly difficult and scary when we can't find that in our own backyards (so to speak).

I think it's also scary that so many people put some of these Dr's up on pedestals. I am very appreciative for all they have done AND it's also true they are human and they don't have all the answers. They don't even agree amongst themselves about the different forms and casuses of Dysautonomia...that's okay in the sense that we know they are all trying so very hard to help us but we need to keep things in perspective, educate ourselves, listen to our own bodies and understand that some of the info these Dr's give us may not be correct.

I know this has been a tough thing for you and I just want you to know that we support you and I'm sending (((((HUGS)))) your way.

I told my pcp the other day He knew 99% more about pots than any other doctor in this town, but i still know more than him. This man is brilliant, but you know what. he agreed with me.

There will always be good docs and there will always be bad docs. We all know some of each I'm sure. We have bad days and okay days. (I just fainted in the vet's office picking up our cat=bad day)

Stop fretting Linda, as Nina said, we all need to let it go...And I love Zig's saying! I have to remember that one...morgan

Linda

Thanks for claryfing about Dr. Grubb's health. It was an honest mistake.

I didn't realize way back when I saw him he was going thru some real health challenges then, too.

the guy STILL needs to take care of himself, though. Works way, way too much. I know he is dedicated but needs to heal himself first :)

Be kind to yourself Linda and do not let an honest mistake get you down. geez, we have all blundered a time or two on a message board...some of us more than others. :o

Linda,

I?ve been in tears reading these posts. I so recognise the feeling of utter disappointment that can come after something that was hoped could help/explain etc. our condition doesn?t work out. I have been bitterly disappointed at times, after some of my doctors appointments have crushed hopes I had of finding a particular improvement or solution for my condition. I?ve tried keeping those hopes at bay, so as not to go through those awful feelings again, but at a certain point I had to realise that the only thing worse than those feelings of disappointment is not to hope at all.

As for feeling angry/upset with you ? I must admit that in the car on the way home after my disappointing doctors? appointments I tend to switch between crying and (totally unfairly) swearing at my doctors. Not that they aren?t great people, doctors, etc., that aren?t trying their hardest, they?re just the easiest people to associate with my condition (other than myself, and swearing at myself leads to depression, so?). After a bit I settle down, get over it, and make my next appointment to see the doctor. If I?d been in your position, and had a computer in front of me, I would have been very tempted to write something rather ?unpretty? (and unfair), as opposed to what I believed was a genuine unthinking slip-up on your behalf (don?t worry those reading, I keep myself far away from computers and the general public after those kind of appointments).

Anyway, I feel for you,

Amy

Linda,

I don't know you, but I read your post and what I read was frustration, not anger directed towards anyone. I wouldn't worry about it, you're allowed to get frustrated and feel tired and question things, its okay. If people never questioned things, what an ignorant world it would be right?

Doctors usually have a hundred different things on their mind all at once that may have nothing to do with what is going on at that moment so I wouldn't take anything to heart if you preceived something amiss. And, they are use to witnessing the frustration of chronically ill people on an everyday basis, most do not think anymore of it than that. By what I read on the man, I'm sure he was just fine with your questions and the timing may have just been off for him that's all.

I have never met this doctor but after reading about him on this board I looked him up online, he seems like quite a wonderful human being and quite understanding as well as a wonderful doctor who seems to be well respected by those who have met him. While reading about him, I came across these stories he wrote I'm guessing (it has his name listed on them) they are wonderful charming stories about the human spirit and a few of his experiences with patients and people in general I think. I thought you all might like to read them incase you haven't come across them yet. I don't know how old they are.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=2609

Guest Julia59

Linda,

Thank you for letting us know about the mix up with Dr. Grubb's health :( . Everyone makes mistakes---trust me, I have made plenty of blunders on this forum---we all have had bad days and posted something without thinking.

I can't tell you how many people I have confused by posting---then deleting it. I understand your need for answers----I'm at a point to where I just feeling like giving up. Thankfully at some point I get a little more juice in me to forge ahead and continue looking. All we can do is try.

It is unfortunate that those doctors did not respect Dr. Grubb enough to listen to him. He was there at the end of the day----very tired, and i'm sure not feeling very well, and then having to deal with such disrespect.

Dr. Grubb knows how much we all appreciate his dedication and hard work to help us find the answers behind this hideous disorder----and i'm sure he understands your frustration.

Julie :0)

Great articles!! Thanks for sharing. I have read many of his stories but not these two.

Linda, I hope you are feeling better but like others, I feel your pain of being disappointed by doctors in general. Let's hope Dr. G gets rest and feels better as well. Sorry he had a frustrating night of docs not interested.

See, if you hadn't brought up your REAL feelings, I would've never started off the day with two more heartwarming stories by Dr. Grubb. :(

briarrose

Great one! He's got quite the writing talent doesn't he? He should be writing a book on these things if he hasn't already. Alot of people would like to read these things. There are two more stories on the pages of the one I found, just click onto his linked name on top of the page.

thanks for sharing the story.