Trouble Reading Posts?

Jacquie802

This might sound odd, but does anyone here have a hard time when they read posts remembering what it says....For instance, say I read a post, then I go to reply and I have no idea what I am replying too, it's really weird...I do scroll down and read what the post says, but I can't believe I forget what to write.... It just baffles me, because it's something I have literally just read seconds before I reply.

Jacquie

yeah me too!.. I often have to scroll down to read what i wanted to respond too.. it takes me forever at times to reply.. and when I do its often full of typo's.. and stuff B)

All the time ... my short-term memory is hopeless. I'm always writing things down on scraps of paper to remember them (like homework assigenments) and then I forget where they are, or, more often, forget to look for them in the first place. As for these boards, thank heaven you can scroll down to see the thread. On boards where you can't, I find myself continually going back to read the thread again, and then of course the beginning of the reply I wrote is gone and I have to write it again, by which time I've once more forgotten what I was replying to.

Oy vey, I have had short term memory and brain fog something fierce for years....and it's getting worse.

A tip for some of you. If you have a bathroom mirror and have a bath to yourself or another person doesn't object; I use a dry erase black marker to write things across the bathroom mirror. That way you see it when you get up. Just wipe with dry cloth and make sure little black dots of dried ink don't build up under mirror on top of sink.

Also, before signing off of a computer at night, email yourself a message. I do this all the time. I am lucky enough to have a laptop --gift--because I can't always sit up to read a computer screen. So I read the news and stuff in the morning with my coffee from bed. I check my email and it reminds me to make a list or call somebody or send a bill.

Ok. I forget the point of this thread and hope I am not hijacking it.

But yes, memory is a problem for many of us. Even in my OWN POST i wonder off, digress, get lost......OBVIOUSLY!??!?