Doctor wants to stop the Zoloft

Brwneyedchica

Today would be day 6 of the zoloft. I've been really dizzy and I haven't felt good at all. I called my Doctor's nurse yesterday after driving halfway to work and being too dizzy to continue driving. Part of me wants to stick it out and see if I have better results with more time. But i've just felt awful, to the point where I haven't been able to work. So I made an appt to see him tomorrow, but I guess I'm just kinda frustrated. He didn't seem convinced that my problem was anxiety to begin with. I originally left my house feeling fine and ended up out in public with nausea and diarrhea. Then since those times i've been nervous to leave my house, thinking that I'll be sick, and worried that there won't be a bathroom and wondering what i'll do ect. So I thought that maybe the Zoloft would help me to not worry. I think that when I get nervous/anxious and worry about things it makes my symptoms worse. So now what do I do??? Has anyone been in this place? I really don't know if I need something for anxiety, maybe I would be fine if I wouldn't get the nausea ect. so often... I just don't know what to do.

I feel for you. I am in a similar place. I am so lightheaded when I drive that I can't focus and I am scared of having an accident. This fear brings on anxiety, which makes me worse etc. I tried Moclobemide last year and it took over a week for it to physically settle in my body. I wanted to give up, but was persuaded to keep trying by a nurse. However, it did not help me and I had to go off. Now, I am housebound and really need to get out, so will start another anti dep. I suggest you talk to your doctor. Maybe you can try another, or maybe a different dosage. If you feel you need it, I would stick with it. It's all linked with POTS, so it's not like you can just give yourself a good talking to and snap out of it. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you go.