Help for a man who is very sick

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

There is a man who lives in Marion Ohio who is very, very sick. It's just plain crazy that he isn't getting better care. Anyway, he is looking for some support---but does not have a computer. His only source of communication is by phone. He can't get a computer yet---he lost his job, his family, his parents aren't living, and he has no siblings.

If anyone would like to contact him---please e-mail your ph# to me and I'll pass it on to him----or I can ask him for his ph#. juliatremp@yahoo.com

I need to clean out my mailbox from my PMs---I'm so bad with that----today i'll do it.

Thank,

Julie :0)

Guest Julia59

I just talked with Steve, and he told me that I could e-mail his address and ph# to anyone who would be able to call him.

Here is a run down on what I know so far;

He is sick with POTS---but has the type with high blood pressure.

He has an enlarged aorta and heart due to not being able to control the BP----and continuous vomiting to the point of being admitted to the hospital for two weeks----his enlarged heart is pressing on his esophagus.

He hit his head at work and he has been sick ever since. They did the usual scans to check for blood clots, tumors---of the brain, but not sure if they checked for any abnormalities in his lower brain---maybe chiari/or chiari related conditions---or atrophy of the brain stem area----but a lot of his symptoms seem brain stem related.

He is just very very sick. His Troponin levels are high along with high D-dimer levels. The D-dimer is a test that shows if a person tends to have blood clots easily-----and the troponin measures heart damage----just not a good situation. He was never told what the test results meant yet, but maybe he will hear more of an explaination soon, hopefully. I would have thought the Cleveland Clinic would have said something. He did see another neurologist and had a neurological exam. The notes say his exam is abnormal, but the MRI is clear, so he is guessing that is where it ends with the neurologist.

He vomits every day---and has a difficult time keeping food down.

This is really one of the worst cases I have heard so far, and I think he has more going on ---I'm wondering if the Cleveland Clinic has him on too many meds---and one of them---the wellbutrin ---I think is actually making the high BP worse----as they give it to me in a small dose to raise mine up, so I can't imagine why they are giving him six times the dose. I'm certainly nothing even close to a medical professional, so I'm just stating what makes sense to me. Maybe Dr. Fouad has a plan to help him, but based on my conversation with him---he is only getting worse. His BP at the lowest is 140/90----this is on meds.

His medications include;

wellbutrin 600mg a day, neurontin, vicodin, reglan, nexium, norvak, vasotec, and lexapro. He takes aspirin also.

When they do the neurological testing----he vomits just from raising his arms over his head----and especially if they shine a light into his eyes. He will find out more when he goes back to Dr. Fouad this Thursday, and hopefully she will review all his blood work with him and explain what it means. He obviously needs more neurological testing

Julie :0)

Julie,

You sound like a wonderful friend. How old is your dear friend? Because he is male do you think he would be more comfortable talking to a male? Is he on Medicare or get Home Health services? Bless his heart, I think we can all relate to how much of a lifeline the internet has been for us on this forum. I hope that he can get some support- emotionally and physically.

Carmen

Julie, I have several computers sitting around my house. I would be happy to reformat one and get it up and running if you think he would be interested in using one. I may even have an extra monitor floating around here somewhere. We would just need to find a cheap or free internet access for him and some way to get it to him and set up since I am unable to drive.