What does your lightheadness feel like?

Marli

What are the sensations of lightheadedness that you all get?

I feel like I've had a few drinks when I'm lightheaded...no spinning.

Just feel like I need to sit down, and when I do it usually goes away.

Unless I have eaten a meal....then I remain lightheaded unless I lay down.

Thanks!

Guest CyberPixie

I feel like I'm not really here, a bit confused, feel like I'm fading away, like I'm going to pass out. Sometimes I get it with the heart pounding/racing, sometimes without. I used to get things going black and dizzy when I stood up but better since the florinef.

Mari,

Mine tends to vary~ from the usual lightheadedness to the worst. Usually for me, I have a constant feeling of off balance along with a little dizziness. Kinda like I'm on a boat. :) It then goes to the not so pleasant can't hear anything, everything I say doesn't make sense, can't breathe, lost kinda feeling. Then I know it is time to get my butt down, or I'm going to be going down. I try not to let myself get this bad cause it takes so much outta me. I also notice trouble with my vision and numbness. :lol:

Nicole

I get instant nausea, my face gets so hot and my head gets so heavy. It becomes impossible for me even to sit up- I have to lay down wherever I am at the moment. Sometimes, I see spots before it hits and have the heart pounding too. Bad expereince!

Carmen

well my normal level of dizziness/lightheadedness is like a mixture of:

1) taking tooooo much benydryl only w/o the benydryl...feels like you are moving even after you stop moving.

2) being slightly drunk...but much less fun.

3) That I have rode my bike or run or excersized way too much...mind is shut down and in flat line mode feeling, head feels overly pressurized or something.

Or at least thats how I explain it. (-;

My lightheadedness is a somewhat peculiar.I feell as if I am in a dream everything is turning aroud me. I see sparcling spots wherever I turned my eyes.I have to lie down and close my eyes for a while and sometimes the case lasts so long. If someone speaks to me I hear and understand what he/she says but I really cannot answer.I have the feeling that it is but a dream.

Amouna

My head feels like it's attached weirdly. Is that a word. It's like I have stuffing in it or something, I am aware of things, but it's like I'm not connected to what's going on. I can't think at all, I know what is being said to me, but feel very disconnected from it. No emotion at all. My arms and legs feel like they are made of rubber and weigh a million pounds. I don't see well, like tunnel I guess. My hubs says my head bobbles, but I don't feel that. I just told him this morning it's like my disconnects from my body.

I have only felt nauseated once. But there's a particular feeling I get that is so hard to explain, even though I feel it in my head before anything else, when I know I've gone past the point of no return and I'm going to face plant. Even lying down isn't going to help, though I usually come around very quickly. morgan

Guest Belinda

It is kind of like the point of I drank too much...and uh-oh. Or like I am on a boat and the ground is moving like waves beneath me.The room does not spin though for me. Sometimes I get a real wierd feeling in my head..hard to describe must be blood flow up there decreasing.

At any rate icky..icky..icky.

Belinda

I get very warm and my vision goes fuzzy and then black.

Once things go totally dark, that's it, I have about a half a second to throw myself into a horizontal position before I totally lose consciousness.

When I am coming in and out of consciousness, I can sometimes hear what's going on around me, but cannot see anything and am unable to respond.

Hi,

There are soo many different ways my lightheadedness feels...The first time I had this I lost all my vision and my body went numb with tachycardia. I was off balance and overall felt very weird. There are times where I lose my eye sight and body goes numb on one side.

One of the worst episodes was when I was in bank training in Oct. I was sitting down and my head started aching, very dizzy, nausea, off balance, and I felt like my head was a floating balloon! No matter how many times I get like that I always get very nervous. :)

Jacquie

This is so difficult to describe!! Ummm, I get really really warm, but I have chills (makes no sense!). I start to feel pulsating in my jaw and fingers, and my breathing becomes really shallow. My vision gets blurry...I feel sort of like a bobble-head (sometimes I black out or have ringing ears). Sometimes my legs feel weightless and other times they feel really heavy. I usually get nausea. I can't think straight, and I need to lay down. I've never actually fainted, though, which used to confuse the doctors.

Hard to describe, but most of the time I feel as if everything is slightly out of place -- it's not something specific I can point to, and it isn't that things are spinning, but I feel disoriented and am not sure where things are. There's a sense of motion even though nothing is really moving. Sometimes it makes me nauseous.

I have a tendency to run into walls for no apparent reason. I misjudge where things are.

I get a warning, kind of like a rubber band snaps inside of me, then I know to lay down fast. I yawn and yawn, see spots, get tunnel vision, my hearing fades, and I sweat. I stopped fighting it, I just go to sleep.

The tight throat and chest pain that lisa mentioned is athe onset of an adrenal storm for me.

Janine

For the record, in my previous post I was talking about general lightheadedness, the kind that follows me around all the time from day to day, and not presyncope -- just in case that wasn't clear. When I get presyncope it's more a dark fuzziness creeping inwards from the edges of my vision, and then sound seems to be coming through water or from a very far distance, and then sight and hearing go completely and I either get down on the floor (if I have enough blood left in my brain to think or move that much) or, more often, just collapse.

I wasn't sure whether the original poster meant presycnope, or general lighteheadedness, though.