Favorite Recipes

Michelle Sawicki

MMM food!..well I lvoe to cook spaghetti when I could eat it.. chalked full of different meats as well as fresh stuff (veggies+olives) and Mozzerella cheese!.. I call it PIZZA spaghetti.. my friends go absolutely nuts for it! if you wan the recipe I will sent it to you.. its good...if i recall you have teen age son..(he would probably like this..if he like pizza with the works!) its just like a pizza with the works.. only difference is there are noodles instead of dough..

also I like to make pasta salads.. casseroles...

you can do with left ove chicken or something.. you take some egg noodles.. and a few cans of cream of cerely and cream of mushroom soup.. add diced chicken to the mix.. put in a casserole dish.. and add you favorite shredded cheese ontop and bake till things are melted and heated thru.. you can do the same thing with tuna.. these work good. b/c you can freeze what you dont eat for alater date..and they realitvely quick and easy. and taste good and fill you up...

I have tons of recipes what exactly are you looking for to cook? let us know!! :lol:.. I lvoe LOVE to cook huge dinners and dont get the chance to much anymore..

happy cooking!

I'll take anything without garlic in it. Garlic is my enemy. :lol:

I made Beef Wellington last night and it actually tasted good, so that inspired me to try some different recipes. Usually my husband does the cooking because my stuff never tastes as good as his. I like the arrangement, so I don't want to learn to cook too good, :) but I do want to try to cook something decent every once in a while.

Thanks!

Michelle

I made some really fast chicken strips the other day.

Chicken tenders

a squirt of lemon juice

2 eggs beaten

store bought bread crumbs

matzo meal

smooshed almonds

basil

parsley

Smash the tenders with one of those smasher things (I use only the most scientific wordology)

beat the eggs and add the squirt of lemon juice

mix about 1/3 of matzo meal to 2/3 of crumbs and add almonds, basil, parsley

roll chicken in eggs, then mix and fry in oil It goes really fast when they are flattened. They are very tender and moist and very easy to make

I made this up so don't have the finesse of a real recipe. But if my son eats them, they have to be good, he hates everything....

Here's a recipe for Pork Tenderloin that will make you swoon. I can usually cook this using a stool unless I'm having a really bad day. Total prep and cook time is about 20 minutes. They taste like really rich chicken nuggets. These are one of my favorite meals. Yum Yum :)

Battered Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Honey Mustard sauce (additive free and high sodium)

Ingredients: 1-2 eggs, One pork tenderloin, Olive oil (or preffered oil), flour, salt, honey, honey mustard, dijon mustard (if desired)

Pork Medallions: 1. Chop one pork tenderloin into medallions about 1 1/2 inches thick

2. Tenderize medallions with potato masher

3. Heat 1/4 inch of olive oil in pan (medium heat)

4. Dip medallions in beaten egg, then flour, then lay flat in pan. Cook until brown on

bottom, then turn over and brown other side.

5. Salt medallions to taste

Honey Mustard Sauce: 1. Mix two parts honey mustard (and dijon mustard if desired) with 1 part natural honey and add olive oil to create desired thickness (I tend to like my sauce a little runny), add salt to

taste

Also, I've invented a salad dressing that is really easy to make in SUPER high in sodium. I just call it ponzu dressing: One part olive oil, one part Ponzu sauce.

I get my ponzu from whole foods. It's similar to soy sauce but much less harsh, and it has a citrusy taste. It's also an excellent marinade for fish (especially mahi mahi or ahi) and steak. Like, soy sauce, it's high in sodium, but it's much tastier.

lauren, i'll be trying th ponzu sauce too...not something i knew about previously. thanks for the suggestion.

michelle, are you sure you don't want recipes for garlic bread? or perhaps non-garlic bread that looks like garlic bread?? okay...i digress...

i have quite a few yummy recipes...many of which i haven't made as of late b/c cooking and school just don't go together with me. it's pretty much one or the other. but i still have the recipes and will add some in when i have a chance. a lot of mine aren't traditional "main dishes" but i'll add them anyway....

i need to catch up on some other replies though before i start typing away on recipes...

:-)melissa

My problem with recipes is that I often just make stuff and don't write down what I did.

Here is one I like a lot though and is easy.

Chicken roll ups

1 pound chicken breast cut into two inch strips (or you can buy a pound of strips)

1 pound of bacon uncooked

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese

1 egg

1/2 Cupp of scallions, chopped

chives and black or white pepper

Mix cream cheese, egg and scallions. Sprinkle in some chives and pepper (to your taste liking). Place a teaspoon of the mixture and place in the center of the chicken breast. Fold the chicken breast. Take bacon and wrap around the chicken breast. If needed, you can use a toothpick to keep these together.

Place in baking dish.

Bake 375 for 45 minutes or until bacon is done. Sprinkle top with paprika.

Thought of another one.

This one SOUNDED odd to me but I love it!! It's really delicious.

Green beans (I use fresh and I think I buy less than a pound???) You want enough to make bundles in 6-8 beans per bundle and then enough bundles to place in an 9 X 13 dish.

1 pound bacon

1 16 oz bottle of french dressing

Preheat oven to 375

Slice bacon in half (easiest to slice whole package at once right down the middle).

Bundle 6 to 8 green beans together and wrap one slice of bacon around the middle of the bundle. Secure with a toothpick.

Arrange bundles in one layer in a baking dish.

Pour French dressing over all of the bundles - make sure to drizzle some on each bundle.

Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the bacon is done.

Melissa, you gave me such a laugh with your garlic bread comment! :P I absolutely LOVE garlic, but my stomach does not. It hurts so bad after I eat garlic that it makes me want to cry. So no garlic here, but if you know of a recipe for garlic-free garlic bread, I am all ears. :lol:

Poohbear, I love green beans and bacon, so I think I will like that dish. I usually cook bacon in a frying pan, and then I take it out and put green beans in the pan (in with a little of the bacon grease). I also add a little olive oil. I fry the green beans up a bit and then throw in bacon pieces and almonds and put a lid on the pan until the green beans start to get tender, but I still stir them every once in a while so they don't burn. They taste really good. :)

The chicken roll ups sound great too. I am going to write down all these ingredients before I go shopping this weekend, and now I'll have lots of yummy new things to try. :)

Thanks!

Michelle

Hello All,

Ok here is the one I like for when I cant bare to be standing up too much...

It is called 'Tuna Yogurt Bake'

Nuke 2 potatoes, cut them up and put in bottom of microwavable container.

Put in 1 can of tuna

Put in enough Vanilla Yogurt to cover it.

Sprinkle wheat germ (or matzoh meal or corn meal) on top.

Nuke Five minutes

Eat. (-;

I love the POTS cookbook Idea...A cookbook full of stuff that can be thrown together and simmered w/ minimal standing & fuss... I like it!

I love using the slow cooker... Alot of times I feel good when I start something by the time I'm half way through I have to quit and someone else has to finish.

Favorite recipe.

Throw one roast (your choice) chuck, our favorite, in slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste

Pour two can French onion soup over roast keeping most of the onions on top of roast

Throw in one bag of ready to eat carrots

Cut up potatoes and throw in with the carrots. Or use instant mash potatoes (just as easy and good)

Cook apx 4-5 hours

An hour before finished throw in two cans of cream of mushroom soup, will make a nice gravy.

Dishes. just one pan :) BONUS!!

((Hugs))

Sue

Hi,

When I feel like eating I usually have this on hand....

I take a big package of boneless skinless chicken breast and marinate overnight in a bottle of balsamic vinegar dressing. I grill all the chicken, let it cool and chop it up, 1 inch slices or whatever. i put serving size portions in zip lock bags and freeze. I leave one portion out if Im hungry. Then you can use the chicken to throw on top of fresh salad, I like to buy the organic bags of mixed spring greens and throw in some fresh spinach and basil, put on some croutons and youur fav salad dressing,. Or you can put the chicken in a flour tortilla with some cheese and nuke for a minute then add veggies, same with a pita.

Does roasted garlic hurt your tummy? I can only eat garlic this way. I usually roast 4 or 5 heads of elephant ear garlic, its milder. I spray with olive oil in my sprayer thingy and slow roast in the oven until its mush. i usually do this when I roast sweet potatoes or have something in the oven. Then I toast good bread, again sprayed with oliv oil then rub a clove of the roasted garlic on the bread. Or I put the roasted galic in the food processor with soft butter and then into a container back into the frige.

Wish i was hungry, just ate my old standby, organic lentil soup. Amy's brand is the best if you can get it. Another thing I do with pitas and flour tortillas is cut them into triangles, spray with olive oil sprinkle with sea salt and bake. I cant handle fried potato chips and I hate the baked ones.

I have this thing from pampered chef, you put oil in it and you pump it up with air and it sprays a fine mist of oil. I love the thing.

Peace

Janine

Hello,

Here is one of my favorite desserts to make. It's sooo good! It's fancy enough for company yet easy enough for any day.

Ultimate Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie

http://www.kraftfoods.com/BakersChocolate/...recipe_id=56938

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

I also LOVE to make these cookies because they only take about 10-15 minutes total to make (and they're great!)

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

Mix together in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and stir well. Continue to microwave until mixture comes to full rolling bowl (important for stiffness of cookie). Continue to cook on high for 2 minutes.

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup milk

3 Tbsp. Margerine

2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder

pinch of salt

Stir in until well mixed. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto tray or waxed paper to cool and harden.

1/2 cup peanut butter

3 cups quick oatmeal

2 tsp. vanilla

Yields 2 dozen

Hope you enjoy one of these, <_<

Lisa

OH MY GOSH!!! you know how long I have looked for that chocolate no bake cookie recipe?? I love those and could never find the recipe!!!!! Now my life is complete! lol

How about a good & fast no dairy ice cream recipe...

Non Dairy ice cream

ingredients:

7 eggs

1c sugar

1/4 c oil

couple of smooshed bannanas or 1 pkg strawberries mushed up or 4 tb nestlees quick

Directions:

Seperate eggs. Beat whites to a fluff. Mix yolks, sugar, oil and flavoring together.

Fold whites into yolk mixture

mix well

Freeze. (mix a few times while freezing as well...just once or twice is fine.)

eat!

My daughter calls these chocolate nummy goodness, Strawberry nummy goodness and nannery nummy goodness.lol

Hi Poohbear,

I have the ingrediants (I even found Ponzu sauce!) but I haven't tried to make the recipes yet. We were out of town, then I got the flu for over a week...now we don't have power thanks to the storms that came through last night. It's just been one thing after another, but I am going to make some of these delicious-sounding recipes. :)

Janine- Garlic KILLS my tummy. :D I've never tried it the way you make it though. Honestly, I'm scared to even try.

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Go to this website "Robbie'e Recipes", just type that in the search bar and you will find it. Sorry I don't know how to cut and paste it here but you should find it. I have found a lot of neat stuff there. And other websites. You could even try typing in easy casseroles or crockpot recipes there are so many out there!

• 1 month later...

Grilled Chicken w/ Tomato-Avocado Salsa

Salsa:

4 ripe plum tomatoes, coarsly chopped (I used grape tomatoes halved)

1/2 small red onion, finely chopped

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely diced (I omitted)

2 TBLS fresh cilantro, chopped

1/4 cup lime juice

1/2 avocado, large dice

Marinade:

In a small food processor (I used a hand blender) puree together

1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt

1/2 small red onion

1/4 lime juice

1/4 fresh cilantro

Marinate chicken for 1-8 hours refrigerated (overnight was OK)

Chicken

4 boneless breasts

Season w/ salt & pepper, grill and serve with salsa