Symptomatic During Movies or Video Games?

Jacquie802

Hi,

Tonight I was watching my little cousins play a racing game on their PlayStation 2 and I became really symptomatic! Also, the same thing happens if I watch a scary movie (never liked them much) or even an action movie. Just wondering how common this is.... :lol:

Jacquie

I can't play violent or really engrossing video games because it makes my adrenaline surge. I haven't gone to see a movie in the theatre since getting sick for the same reason. I asked Dr. Biaggioni at Vandy about it and he told me what I already thought: that my body is probably flushing itelf with adrenaline.

I've learned I can play video games in the early afternoon and I do okay. This is when my symptoms are less pronounced. Late at night though, even the sound of a toilet flushing will make my body surge...I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may find there are times of the day that are better for activities that are loud and/or bright.

:lol: Lauren

For me, that can happen when I watch anything that has a lot of flashing lights and/or quick movements (and loud noises). It is the busy environment that causes my symptoms. I think that certain movies and (especially) video games are more apt to have that. Sorry you've been having symptoms this way! That is no fun :lol:

Take care

yep..too much stimlation is my guess.. gets your system all "excited".. same thing ahppens to me. best time of day for me to watch tv or listen to music is in the late evening hours after 8pm....it also depends on what i am wathcing too.. that will judge if i can handle the stimulation.. violent things or excessively loud things..(like alot of exsplotion or crashes.. or BOOMS stuff liekt aht). i cannot watch..actionpacked movies.. generally cant do.. movie theatre's are too hot. too many breathing bodies and body heat going on there.. and it s sooooooooo LOUD!!!

geesh i feel like an old biddy.. complaining about loud TV movies!!!! LOL :lol:

I definiely do find myself getting symptomatic (mainly nausea/dizziness) watching movies and playing video games, but more so with video games for me. I don't know if you all heard a game called Resident Evil......so engrossing but made me sick..so I had to take 5 minute breaks periodically to continue with the game.

I've had a hard, hard time with TV or movies. On my worst days- I cannot have anything around me. Even talking in the next room will make me horribly ill. It took me about a year to be able to go to a movie with my family. I still have major problems. Even deep storylines will make me go lay down. It's just something that you have to work with and my family is aware that I can only handle a little bit at a time.