Jump to content

Carbon monoxide


Guest Julia59
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Julia59

Our carbon monoxide dector went off---on and off Wednesday evening---and last night. It was intermittent---but I was still concerned a little. We went to bed---and I moved it upstairs from the basement. It's electric and plugs in---so it wasn't a battery isssue.

I read the instructions and it listed all the sources of carbon monoxide. One that I never thought of because it is not in the house was car exhaust. It said it can leak in through even a closed window if it is an older one that is not sealed well. The windows are all new upstaris, but the basement has the original old ones. The dectector was plugged in an outlet that is under a long counter, and above the counter is a window. the man next door let's his car run sometimes---so I wonder if that was it.

We called the fire dept to be safe. Well they came in the big red truck---I was kind of embarrassed, but they told me we did the right thing. They measured the carbon dioxide levels-------all was good. They asked us if we felt sick----my husband said he was OK---it's too hard for me to tell because I always feel like i'm sick.

For us it is even more important to have carbon monoxide levels check---because we can't tell---POTS symptoms are so simular. Those dectectors aren't very expensive---worth the peace of mind. We should get a couple more of them.

My dear friends----please get those carbon monoxide detectors-----I lost two friends from CO poisoning. They bought a new house and didn't have the furnace checked. The girl kept going to work sick---and her co-workers kept telling her she was being dramatic-----within a week she and her husband died---he was found in bed, and she was found on the floor----when she got up she thought he was sleeping, so she went to take her shower and died after getting out. I used to work with her in the 80s----and we went to their wedding---I don't think they were even married for two years when this happened.

I'm not trying to scare anyone----it's just something I never thought about. is oderless----they never knew what hit them.

Julie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Julia59

On a positive note---for those of you who have called 911-----it's nice to see firemen at a different angle. All of them were very, very, good looking. I wanted to climb the big tall one like a tree.

All for of them were standing around me---I pushed my husband to the side and I just glared up at them.

It feels good to be a bad girl for a minute. I love my husband dearly---but the four of them were overwhelming-------oh my------- husband got a big kick out of it.

Besides----he gets to do taxes for a really pretty girl he used to work with at another postal station tonight----I know he won't mind that. LOL B):o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad everything is okay, I think you are talking about Carbon Monoxine and not Carbon Dioxide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...