Midodrine starting to make a difference

Dizzy Dame

Hi Gang,

I realized that I usually only write when things are going badly for me so I thought I'd write a positive post. I've been back from Vandy for three weeks and the midodrine really seems to be helping. I actually went out to lunch after class with some friends of mine today (and I didn't even feel like I was going to die). This is the first social thing I've done since getting sick because before I was too ill to leave the house other than for doctors appointments. And I'm less tired now because my heart isn't working as hard now that I'm on medication, so I don't have to go to bed at 9pm everynight.

I've also been having less "flushing" episodes, I suppose because my body's under less stress.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the good news. I'm taking things slowly (I don't want to over do it and end up on my back) I'm still in the wheelchair for the most part, but hey, babysteps.

Thanks for listening,

Lauren

lauren.. I am so so glad that the Midrdrine is starting to help you!! That is fabulous news!! and getting to go out Lunch also is very COOL!!

BIG HUGS to you!!

Linda :huh: