HEART MONITOR

Sue

Well I rec'd my heart monitor yesterday. My cardiologist is using this to determine if a pacemaker would help me, I have NCS.

My normal heart rate seems to be fluctuating between 70-80, when I feel pre-syncopic it falls around 50.. Does that tell anyone anything. It doesn't seem to be a significant drop in numbers but "feels" like a significant drop physically.

Just curious.

Sue

Are you wearing an event monitor for a length of time (weeks or month) or a holter which is normally 24-48 (continously recording?) Usually when they put a monitor on you, their more interested in what your rhythm is doing.

As far as your heart rate, 60 - 80 is pretty normal for most people, although most doctors will tell you that 60-100 is the guideline of normal. If you are/were a well-trained athlete your pulse could even be 40-60.

My heart rate has been in the 50's lately, in the morning - I think due to my beta blocker. When I was on toprolol it would drop in the 40's and I felt horrible. Lately my blocker wears off by the end of the day and I'm easily 90 - 120. I'm orthostatic and am having pressure problems.

What I'm trying to say is that there can be many factors to your pulse and blood pressure. But usually the doctors are more worried about what your heart rhythm is. I'm currently wearing a king of hearts monitor because I've been struggling with very uncomfortable flutters that sometimes take my breath away.

Curious, what is your blood pressure when your heart rate falls?

I too am wearing a "king of hearts", My blood pressure falls quite low, usually 80/50 sometimes even lower. I am hoping this will provide my doctors with some answers. The cardiologist is thinking a pacemaker but Dr. Grubb is not sure.

I would just like to find something that will give me my life back, I like everyone else have to much life to enjoy :)

I do notice my heart rate fluctuates quite a bit. We go down to 50's and then up to 160. So I really don't know what is going on.

Take care and good luck

Sue