dark circles around eyes

Dark circles run in my family; but dysautonomia, with its sleep disturbances, made it worse. At the height, my eyes looked like the Emperor's from Star Wars, and I'm only 27. I still have them; most people say they make me look tired, but they don't bother me much.

I don't remember having dark circles. I usually am very pale when I'm not feeling well. My friends always comment on it. They also comment on when I'm looking good, so I guess it evens out!

I do have bags under my eyes that get worse when my allergies are worse, and also when I need more sleep. I've always had the bags. My doctor told me years ago that people with a lot of allergies tend to have bags under their eyes.

I also am incredibly pale, and do sometimes suffer with the dark circles.

Little make up tip...

To hide them, try Clarins version of toutche(sp) Eclait, it covers better than the Yves St Lauren (sp) one and it has light reflecting pigments - otherwise use your usual foundation, tissue, re-apply and then put on powder.

Clarins also do a great eye gel, which really works well.

Clarins products are all natural, and they have yet to cause me any problems with allergies etc.

That was a good tip about the makup, Lou. I only use a little eye makeup because I have eczema, and I'm sensitive to almost everything. So for those of you who also have trouble with skin products, I'd like to share the brand of facial products I use. It's Origins, which is a product line owned by Este Lauder. They are also all natural without any perfumes (that and preservatives burn my skin). They are very expensive, but a little goes a long way. Plus, it can be removed with water. Since I cannot use any soap products, I usually only wash with water. It's not as gross as it sounds. I use a special cleanser called Aquanil a couple times a week, but it's surprising how clean I can get with just water and a soft washcloth.

I too am very pale and have circles under my eyes. I've pretty much always had them to some degree but they are much worse now. Friends, family, and even acquaintances often tell me I look tired. Twice my sister and my niece have told me that I actually look like I have blue/gray makeup under my eyes - especially on the inside corners. --- Deb

I've heard of origins, if anything ever goes wrong with my brand (I have in the past suddenly had to change products - hope not as i love the clarins) I shall maybe give origins a try

Another tip if your skin can cope is fake tan - works wonders! (Again clarins do a range, but i'm not sure if this would be perfumed..)

• 9 years later...

i was just recently diagnosed with dysautonomia , they put me on a beta blocker which really helped, but im an now trying to get pregnant for the second time and have weened myself off of them, since i stopped taking them have really dark circles under my eyes and look very sickly, but i feel alright, does anyone know what causes these dark circles, i assume it has something to do with cerebral hypoprofusion? any ways to help get rid of them? just sick of people telling me i dont look well....

This is a good question and I wish I knew the answer. My son Tyler has this problem. I thought it was from him being sleep deprivied but he still gets this symptom. He has never been on bb and has very few allergies. He is also pale and tires quit easily.

Rachel