Feeling confused and *out of it*

Guest CyberPixie

Guest CyberPixie

Is it normal to feel so not with it, days pass in a complete daze and your barely aware of the time going past? At my worst I barely knew where I was or who I was. It almost felt too much as if my brain wanted to switch off and I'd go unconcious. Sometimes I get the lightheadedness with it. Maybe it's a lack of blood and oxygen to the brain.

Wondered if I'm on my own with this one!

I'm not sure I have exactly what you are describing. I have days, sometimes many of them, where I feel like I'm not "lucid". That's the only word I can use to describe it. To me lucid means, "clear". I'm there. I'm walking, talking, doing things but I'm not "lucid", like in a fog maybe but there. The only way I can tell I'm not lucid is that I remember what it was like to feel like everything was "clear" and "there" and more "real".

Difficult to describe, really, but I notice a "with-it", "clearness" on the one hand, or a kind of "dullness" "out-of-it" on the other. Is that what you mean?

I too get something similar to what you are describing. For me it is usually worse around certain times in my cycle. For me, the best way I can describe it is fighting to stay conscious and sometimes you can get up, walk around, talk etc but it almost feels more like you are sleep walking and when I'm lying down I get more of that feeling like my brain is about to be unconscious but my body is still kinda there. I know...weird feeling to describe.

Try elevating your legs to try to get bloodflow toward the brain and see if that makes a difference. It does sometimes with me (I assume an indication of low blood volume).

Usually when I get like this I have to be gentle with myself and drink even more fluids than my typical daily intake and sleep a lot and let my body rest.

Guest CyberPixie
I'm not sure I have exactly what you are describing. I have days, sometimes many of them, where I feel like I'm not "lucid". That's the only word I can use to describe it. To me lucid means, "clear". I'm there. I'm walking, talking, doing things but I'm not "lucid", like in a fog maybe but there. The only way I can tell I'm not lucid is that I remember what it was like to feel like everything was "clear" and "there" and more "real".

Difficult to describe, really, but I notice a "with-it", "clearness" on the one hand, or a kind of "dullness" "out-of-it" on the other. Is that what you mean?

Yes, a foggy feeling, not clear, like you're not really there in the moment.

I too get something similar to what you are describing. For me it is usually worse around certain times in my cycle. For me, the best way I can describe it is fighting to stay conscious and sometimes you can get up, walk around, talk etc but it almost feels more like you are sleep walking and when I'm lying down I get more of that feeling like my brain is about to be unconscious but my body is still kinda there. I know...weird feeling to describe.

Try elevating your legs to try to get bloodflow toward the brain and see if that makes a difference. It does sometimes with me (I assume an indication of low blood volume).

Usually when I get like this I have to be gentle with myself and drink even more fluids than my typical daily intake and sleep a lot and let my body rest.

I get it worse if I'm more symptomatic, or very tired or simply overdone things whether physically or mentally (and it doesnt take much!). It can be very frightening when it's very severe. Don't ya just love this illness! :)