florinef

sfr100

Hi! Of the people who are on florinef what dosage are you on? I take 1 tablet, half in the morning and half at night. Is there a better way to build up blood volume. Does anyone take just at night or just in the morning? How do the doctors decide what the right amount is? Thanks for any replies. Susan

Hi, I am on Florinef .1 mg twice a day... My cardio first had me on .1 mg once a day, but my bp didn't change, so he upped the dose. I think they decide on the dose like a trail and error type of thing. They prob. start most ppl off on the smallest dose and go up...something like that :lol: !

Guest CyberPixie

I was on 2 1/2 to start with but because I'm on prednisolone too (which has the same effect but smaller) it was making me bloat so I went down to 1 1/2. Now I'm reducing the steroids I need more florinef so at the mo I'm on 2. I take half in morning, half at 3pm, half at 9.30pm. Then 2 quarters when I feel I need it.

I am on Florinef, and I am not doing very well on it. Right now I am taking .05mg in the morning only. My Cardiologist is having me adjust the meds myself. When I get enough medicine to do any good for my b/p then my body starts doing all kinds of wierd things. I overload with fluid, and my heart beats very irradically. Havent found the right dosage of the Florinef or the Midodrine. Vanessa

I've been on Florinef for almost 2 yrs now. I started with a very small dose and now my cardiologist has me taking .5mg a day. I spilt it up....3mg in the morning and 2mg in the afternoon. I don't take it past 2pm.

Sorry Kitsakatsa, I was on .8mg! I would take .5 mg in the morning and .3 at night. I think my doc realized that was way to high and now I am just (ya, just!) on .5 mg, .3 in the morning and .2 at night. I didn't realize how high my doses are until I read how relatively small other peoples doses are!

As far as building up blood volume, fluid intake is key, but for me, only limited. FLorinef seems to be the best way for me. I think the best way to determine dose is go up slowly and just finding the point that you feel the best w/o side effects.