Pregnancy - full term 40 weeks?

Ling

Hi ladies

I noticed that most of you had to have C. Sections, which is interesting. How many of you made the full 40 weeks? Did any of you go over your time or deliver weeks earlier? My body is working faster than what the pregnancy books say it should. I am now 23 weeks and have started with my secretions from my breasts as well as Brixton Hix... contractions. Everything is much earlier than what the books say I should be having them. I also started showing at 9 weeks already. Considering she had me on a strict anorexic diet I can?t believe I have managed to gain weight these last few months. I have no fear for delivering my baby girl. But I am petrified of what my body is going to get up to.

Thank you. Cant wait to hold my baby girl. 17 Weeks feels like forever. :blink:

Gracious, it sounds like you are going through a lot. I trust your doctor is aware of all you have told us regarding your breast secretions, etc. My first preganncy resulted in an emergency c-section at 34 weeks due to fetal distress (a very LONG story) and my second pregancy resulted in a planned c-section. However, he came out a couple weeks earlier than we had "planned" at 37 weeks. Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

Carmen

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum, but found this topic particularly interesting... I delievered my girl two weeks early and everything was fine, except the fact that my cervix didn't know what to do. I was in labor for two and a half days and then finally they induced me and gave me an epidural at the same time. I delivered her no problem.

I always thought that because of POTS, my cervix didn't know what to do, or that my brain and autonomic system weren't working together to "tell" my body what to do.

My pregnancy went quite well, too.

Good luck. I enjoy reading all the posts and when I have some time I'll tell me story. Take care, all.

I had mine at 41wks,38 and 38wks. I had super quick vaginal deliveries. Epideral for two of them. The only problem I had with my cervix was quick dilation (2cm-10cm in 30min) and the quick closing of the cervix so getting the "after" out was hard and painful.

But I din't feel sick till my son was 5mo. so I don't think I had POTS with my pregnancies.......who knows?

Good Luck

Dayna

Giuliana was born at 40 weeks and 2 days, emergency c-section after I had abruption during labor.

I was sick with POTS during pregnancy but undiagnosed.

From my experience--try not to spend too much time reading those pregnancy reference books. Everyone's pregnancy is different, and the books are just general guidance. It's best to talk to your doctor if you have concerns about *any* symptoms. Your ob-gyn is probably very experienced, and knows what would be of concern as far as premature delivery or other problems. I know Braxton-Hicks contractions can start as early as the 2nd trimester.

Try not to worry about things you don't have control over. I know this is easy for me to say. Hope you can talk to your doctor about your concerns.

Take care Ling!

Katherine

I had my son at 29 weeks. I started going into labor at 24 weeks along, they had to keep stopping it. I was on bed rest untill I had Blanke. I am sure I had POTS at this time. My son was in the NICU for 4 weeks. We have had some health problems with him, but we where very lucky for the most part we is very normal. The only thing we has now, is we still do breathing treatments at home.

Amy

I have had three births. With all of them I have shown very early, had all day sickness, braxton hicks from 25 weeks, engaged at 30 weeks and then finally had to be induced. All births were vaginal, only gas for pain relief. Afterwards, POTS symptoms much worse, but did not know it at the time. Went on a saline drip after births which really helped with recovery and did not get out of bed for 24 hours, no matter what the bossy nurses said to me!!

I had homeopathic treatment for last baby. I had drops to take during labour and a cream to put on to reduce swelling. It made a huge difference. Much calmer, less pain and fantastic recovery due to the cream.

It is such an exciting time. Go with the flow. It will all work out, but talk to your doc if concerned.

Let us know how you are going.

Hugs

Suzanne

Guest Mary from OH

Almost 42 weeks!!!!! And I ended up with EVERY imaginable intervention possible!! Marissa did NOT want to come out!! I was in labor for over 2 1/2 days in the hospital and more at home.

I had Braxton-Hicks contractions early too and was dilated early too. I only gained 15 lbs during my pregnancy because I was already heavy. My daughter weighed 9 lbs. I now believe that I did not have enough fluid in the sac.

I also believe that because of my POTS, I had a BAD reaction to the epidural afterwards and was totally paralyzed temporarily afterwards. I could not move my arms or legs and began to lose my speech. No one believed me and thought that it was psychologically based. I was SOOOOO ANGRY and couldn't DO or SAY anything because of the paralysis. I was TICKED! They even convinced my husband to try to give my daughter formula so that she wouldn't "get dehydrated". I was LIVID!! They could have just held her up to me to nurse. Not to mention the fact that it was within the first 24hrs and she would have been fine anyway! I had already nursed her once too! GRRR...

Anyhow. Make sure your POTS dr and OB/GYN talk....

Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy and try not to worry!

I had my daughter at 37.5 weeks, but only because I had to be induced because I developed preeclampsia. I also had mild Braxton-Hicks contractions at 22 weeks or so. I was told that is a very normal time to start gettting them; also, the ligaments are stretching due to the expanding uterus starting at this time.

Try to relax and stay calm. Whatever happens is probably out of your control. Just take care of yourself, sit back and watch a true life miracle occur!

Amy