chest tightness/short of breath

sfr100

I wish there was something out there! Have you gone to your doc just to make sure there is nothing too serious going on? If you find something let me know.

Jacquie

Hi,

YES!!! I have incredible difficulty breathing when sitting up or standing. I have had a gazillion pulmonary tests that the pulmonologists agree that it is the POTS, but they don't understand what is causing it. They say that my lung capacity is low, and that my ability to inhale and exhale (called MIP and MEP) is at about half of what it should be.

Maybe some sort of nerve damage, but because it is better lying down, I would think that it is more of a mechanical difficulty...

I have found that an abdominal binder that squeezes my middle helps, for some weird reason...

You are not alone! Hang in,

Diana

Guest Belinda

Same symptoms.you aren't alone...I have yet to find something that helps with this but will let you know

soemtimes for chest tightness I put warm compress/moist rice pack on my sternum area to help my muscles relax..might be worth a try especially if you are getting any pain in that area.

Take care..Belinda

I havent found anything as of yet. When I first got sick the docs thought that it was my heart, but it wasnt. My Cardio said that in a lot of autonomic problems they mimic heart problems. The only thing that i have found to relieve it a little is to lie down. Vanessa

Hi,

YES!!! I have incredible difficulty breathing when sitting up or standing. I have had a gazillion pulmonary tests that the pulmonologists agree that it is the POTS, but they don't understand what is causing it. They say that my lung capacity is low, and that my ability to inhale and exhale (called MIP and MEP) is at about half of what it should be.

Maybe some sort of nerve damage, but because it is better lying down, I would think that it is more of a mechanical difficulty...

I have found that an abdominal binder that squeezes my middle helps, for some weird reason...

You are not alone! Hang in,

Diana

An abdominal binder. Where did you get that? Susan

About the abdominal binder --

I found mine on the internet - you can even get them on E-bay.

They're used for people after abdominal surgery. It's like a huge piece of elastic with velcro ends to hold it together. After I got mine, I saw them at our drug store! It really does help, but my ribs get sore. But, if there is something you need to do, it can give you just the boost you need to get through it.

Hope this helps,

Diana