Electrolyte test back-One part flagged

yikespanic

Just checked my lab work these are the results, Cleveland Clinic has "My Chart" now and all tests go online for you to see. Did she run the right test? My Glucose was flagged, it was low. Do you think this is why I'm feeling shaky, dizzy, lightheaded and tired even though sometimes my BP is ok? Could this cause anxious too? I am going to call her, but I get sick to my stomach cuz she's giving me such a hard time lately. She hates that I am allways asking questions I think, but isn't that her job?

Protein, Total 6.8 6.0 8.4 g/dL

Albumin 4.2 3.5 5.0 g/dL

Calcium 9.2 8.5 10.5 mg/dL

Bilirubin, Total 0.7 0.0 1.5 mg/dL

Alkaline Phosphatase 71 40 150 U/L

AST 14 7 40 U/L

Glucose 58 ! 65 100 mg/dL

BUN 15 8 25 mg/dL

Creatinine 0.7 0.7 1.4 mg/dL

Sodium 141 132 148 mmol/L

Potassium 4.3 3.5 5.0 mmol/L

Chloride 105 98 110 mmol/L

CO2 26 23 32 mmol/L

Anion Gap 10 0 15 mmol/L

ALT 9 0 45 U/L

First # is my result, second set of #'s is the low and High of normal readings

What are you oppinions?

Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm not 100% sure about the glucose result. 58 is on the low end, however, mine has read even lower than that without affecting my bp. I do believe that some of the symptoms you are experiencing could be caused by low blood sugar, but, I'm not a doctor. I would go ahead and call the office and ask questions. I understand about the medical people not being very responsive to us inquiring, but it IS their job. This coming from a person who also hesitates in asking (but ultimately makes the call).

Good luck and I hope they give you a better understanding of the results to better put you at ease.

I stopped at Walgreens drug store, they had a glucose monitor on sale for $9.99 with some free test strips included and a $40.00 rebate! That was a nice deal! I'm going to test myself when I get symptoms and see if it's my BP or possibly low blood sugar or maybe both? It might explain why sometimes my BP is ok but I still feel so horrible.

Kim