I think this is something worth discussing

bamagirl

I was scanning and reading many posts about vision and eyes problems (myself included) and asked myself: For those of us with autonomic neuropathy-

Is this something that could possibly make us blind in time? The reason I ask is because just like diabetics with autonomic or peripheral neuropathy, there is ongoing nerve damage. And eventually this damage could lead to blindness. I know personally that my eyesight has become worse and worse and my eyes are more sensitive now than ever. Anyone else wonder abouth this or have an explanation?

bamagirl

The peripheral neuropathy associated with POTS is considered mild and non-progressive. There is no evidence that POTS will cause blindness, please rest assured. Some of your vision or eye problems may be caused by something other than neuropathy. For one thing, POTS patients tend to have overly enlarged pupils (another symptom of autonomic dysfunction) this can cause blurred vision, as well as sensitivity to light.

When my POTS was severe, I had scary problems with blurry vision. Those problems have completely gone away now for me.

Take care,

Katherine

I always thought that the POTS-related eye problems were mostly due to a lack of blood to the brain, not neuropathy. I think my eye problems are tied to my other symptoms, and they have gotten better over time. I don't know much about diabetes or relating neuropathy, but autonomic neuropathy is something different and should not lead to blindness.