Procedure on Friday

Guest Belinda

Guest Belinda

Well I am scheduled on Friday for D+C, it was confirmed today that I had blighted ovum.

I am little nervous but I hear it is not too bad procedure. I am just worried aboujt anesthesia..

I could have twilight sleep or spinal done. I don't like the idea of spinal and know nothing about twilight sleep.

Well this will end this part of my saga..Thank you all for listening and your advice recently on this matter!

I've had 2 D&C's...under general. The worst part actually was the day after just because of the soreness. The biggest help for me might be a surprise to you... an ice pack. The gave me two to go home with from the hospital, and I kept them on my lower abdomen and between the legs. Helped even more than any meds they gave me.

I don't know what to tell you about the twighlight vs. general anesthesia issue--i've had both and never had a problem with either. Keep in mind that either way, you'll need a few days to a week to recoup... I've found that if take whatever time they tell you at the hospital (for the average person) and double it, that's about right for me.

good luck. hopefully it'll be as easy for you as it was for me.

Nina

Hi Belinda, I hope the procedure goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery.

Jacquie

Guest Julia59

Wishing you a smooth procedure and a quick recovery.

Take extra special care of yourself, and try not to worry too much.

You'll get through this fine---i'll say a little prayer.

Julie :0)

Belinda--just wanted to wish you well w/ your procedure on friday.. I hope that all goes well for you!!

BIG HUGS to you!