Exercise

Guest thisblows

Guest thisblows

Wow! I just got home from rollerblading 5 miles along the beach! Man it felt good to be out in the sun again! Bad new is my ablation for my IST has been moved back to the 1st of June! That means I have to be miserable for a while. Oh well, it ***** but at least I will eventually be back to normal again. Anyway what do you guys do for exercise? I play college soccer and need to stay in shape unitl I get my surgery. I find that it is extremely hard to run...it gets my heart rate too high even while on my beta blocker. I figured you guys would have some exercise tips that maybe I can try for a while!

Walking is good exercise, but I find that if I walk 2 miles or more my hr is out of control and I start feeling really lightheaded. Bike riding and swimming don't seem to have too much effect on my heart rate and both are really good for your joints. I am sorry about your surgery getting moved back. Hopefully, you can find an exercise program that lets you stay in shape, but doesn't get your hr way up!

Jaime

thisblows - are they still going forward with the ablation even though they are considering pituitary tumor? I was just curious. I've been following your posts and think they are interesting and I'm glad you are getting to the bottom of things. Good to hear you are out and active! (it seems you started a beta blocker..(?)..it helps huh?...hard to relax with heart rate so high!) :) At least that is some relief! I wish you continuing good luck and keep us posted!

Guest thisblows

Jackie,

Yah I finally found a beta blocker that kinda works for me. It dosent do wonders but it hlep a tad bit. THe ablation is still scheduled, however if we find out that it is a tumor causing this then we'll just operate on that. I think I'll find out Monday when I go back to see 3 different doctors.

P.S. an ablation is where a doctor burns off abnormal cells on the sinus node of your heart to slow it down. I works wonders for IST but dosent really help if you have POTS. But on the bright side there is a article about some study that was done at the Mayo Clinic which showed that some POTS patients have an abnormal sinus node and may benefit from ablations as well.

:) I am so envious of your exercising. I use to exercise everyday until I got very sick. Just enjoy it and do what your body can handle. I dream of being able to exercise again. One thing I did find funny when I exercised was I never ever got stiff. No matter how hard or long I exercised the next day I was fine. My heart use to go crazy when I exercised and I had to stop due to my heart eventually. I use to pass out to much. Passing out on a bicycle is not fun when you are tied to it. I am on a beta-blocker now and my heart is slower but I can't exercise anymore. Some days I cant even go for a walk.

You are very lucky, enjoy you riding! :D