midodrine

sfr100

Hi,

I'm new and have a question. After my tilt table test my the electrocardiologist said proamatine would be good. But then my internist and him are worried about raising my blood pressure too much and not letting me try the drug. They said it was for people with low blood pressure. I thought it was only supposed to raise your supine blood pressure. My blood pressure has been running about 105-113 and about 105-120 standing up even though standing my HR is ove 100. Does this eliminate me from trying this med?

Thanks. Susan. Or could I cut out florinef which I take .1 mg with salt and water which is already probably raising BP?THANKS!

I tried midodrine with similar BPs and tachycardia over 100 also. I have had low blood pressure, but I am on .4 mg of florinef so it keeps it relatively normal. But my doctors didn't seem to have a problem trying the midodrine with normal BPs. My theory is that the HR is high to maintain the BP, and so a vasoconstricter like midodrine would help the blood vessels constrict more efficiently, and the heart wouldnt have to pump as fast to keep the BP up. But I know supine hypertension is a concern with midodrine. My suggestion would maybe be talking to your doctor about starting a really low dose and monitering your BP. For me, midodrine didnt work and just gave me side affects, but I know it has really helped others. But BP should be monitered with midodrine. Are you bed ridden, or are you able to function a little bit? Because I know you can't take midodrine before you go to bed so that your BP isnt too high, so if you are always in a supine position that may be the concern of your docs.

I tried midodrine with similar BPs and tachycardia over 100 also. I have had low blood pressure, but I am on .4 mg of florinef so it keeps it relatively normal. But my doctors didn't seem to have a problem trying the midodrine with normal BPs. My theory is that the HR is high to maintain the BP, and so a vasoconstricter like midodrine would help the blood vessels constrict more efficiently, and the heart wouldnt have to pump as fast to keep the BP up. But I know supine hypertension is a concern with midodrine. My suggestion would maybe be talking to your doctor about starting a really low dose and monitering your BP. For me, midodrine didnt work and just gave me side affects, but I know it has really helped others. But BP should be monitered with midodrine. Are you bed ridden, or are you able to function a little bit? Because I know you can't take midodrine before you go to bed so that your BP isnt too high, so if you are always in a supine position that may be the concern of your docs.

I'm able to function somewhat, so I am not lying down for most of the day. I'm sitting up and can take a short walk or do an errand.