No Energy

Jacquie802

Hi to all who choose to read this post. :) Lately I have had no energy in me. The smallest things make me soo fatigued lately. If I go out anywhere for an hour or so it takes days for me to feel rested. The weird part is that I can't sleep at night, but I have no problem sleeping during the day. Has anyone else noticed that when they sit down or lay down to rest for a few minutes they pass out?? I don't know why, I have been getting sleep just at the wrong time of day, LOL. Instead of sleeping at night I am sleeping during the daytime, but they aren't naps I plan on.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to bring some energy back?

I have tried to exercise, just light exercises and after 3 minutes my hr goes up and I begin to sweat B) and feel faint. I am also pretty sure that sleep isn't the issue. I cannot have any caffeine since that causes my hr to go up, I'm sure it would be esp. bad since I havent have any in years!

I have also had harder times getting up in the AM out of bed. This morning I had to use the bathroom and I almost fell to the floor when I went to get up. I don't think I have been this tired in months, so I'm not sure what is going on?? Maybe my bp is lower than normal in the AM?

I guess I should try to get some sleep now. I hope everyone has a goodnights sleep.

Jacquie

When i was diagnosed with CFS i was the same .. awake at night and sleeping in the day. In the mornings i use to faint if i got up and feel car sick until about 12.

I think bp can tend to be lower in the morning (others may experince it to be low at night).

Im sorry you are going through this. I found sleeping tablets helped me alot. My dr took me off them as he thought htey were dangerous so now im on doxepin 3mg (break a capsule in thirds). its not as good as a sleeping tablet but it does help keep my sleep patterns in order.

Guest Belinda

Did you recently get over a virus? Another thing Ditto on the adrenal problems..might be worth getting checked out I had severe weakness after a cold and my adrenal glands were very exhausted per saliva/cortisol test. Whichis when my othostatic problems came out severly, where I could barley walk across the room for lack of muscle energy.

You really need to try and sleep as much as possible at night that is when your body regenerates. Easier said than done I know.\

Hope you feel better soon.Belinda

Wow Jacquie, your fatigue issues sound exactly like what I have been dealing with for the last couple of years. I recently started a medicine that seems to be helping me get to sleep at night. It is a form of Melatonin and is not addictive like many sleep meds. It is called Rozerem. It works pretty well as long as you haven't eaten for a couple of hours before taking it. You can Google "Rozerem" for additional info on it. I was also on Adderall a couple of years ago and that seemed to help give me energy throughout the day. I hope you find something that works for you.

Hi and Thank You for your replies. I am still getting over a virus that I had 2 weeks ago, but even before that I have had these sleep issues. Last night(or should I say this morning :unsure: ) I ended up getting to bed at 330am and woke up at 1230ish today.

I don't want to take any meds for sleeping, I am the worst person to get to take meds as it is. It took me numerous trips to the ER for me to even take Toprol. I read and read the side effects, etc. I know that everything has their side effects, but I guess I take it to the extreme. I am better about it now, however. Now I take the asprin if I have to.

I think I am also nervous about taking meds because my mother had a severe reaction to meds(Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis Syndrome) and the never foud the culprit which caused it.

THanks for the replies, hopefully I can try and "reprogram" my sleeping habits!

Jacquie,

I have the same sleeping problems you describe. I have been wrestling with my sleep for months and have 'reprogrammed' twice. It is very painful and difficult but what i did was go to bed one-two hours later each night until finally i cycled around the clock and started going to bed at 8pm rather than 8am. Now, the key is just holding it there :unsure: that's what i'm trying to do now. Good luck. You're not alone with the fatigue and sleep problems....i can encourage you though that when my sleep is at night i do feel better physically when i'm awake. when i sleep during the day it's just not as refreshing.

Kristen

PS- my theory is that the sleep issues have to do with florinef and when i take it. no doctor will confirm this, but my sleep problems started right after my florinef dose was increased. i noticed you are on florinef too. how much do you take and what time of day do you take it?

Edited by JaneEyre9

Hi, I have not started my Florinef just yet, because I want to make sure I am completely over this cold, or whatever it is I have. I have began to cut down my Toprol dose to half a tablet and hopefully I am going to feel better. I will prob increase it back to what I am supposed to be taking once I take the Florinef. When I took Florinef before I got severe headaches but that was when I was on 2 tabs a day, so I am just going to take one and see how I make out on it. :unsure:

Jacquie

I too have trouble with sleep. I'm lucky when I get 2 -3 hours a night. I don't sleep during the day either and I'm sure this is why I have no energy to do things. It's interesting about the Flourinef possibly causing the sleep issues. Perhaps decreasing my dose will be a good thing.

Hang in there!

Denise

SO, I cooked dinner tonight and I am soo tired that I could fall asleep right now, but I know what is going to happen if I do. I will wake up at 8 or 9pm and not be able to sleep. Hopefully I can fight it off until a normal bedtimes. FIgures I am tired though because Thur. nights I love to watch CSI!!!

I have to take my Toprol at night due to the dizziness I get in the AM if I take it then. I am wondering if maybe the Toprol is the reason I can't get up at normal time in the AM??? I don't think that is the culprit though, because it hasn't affected me like this before!

Thanks for the replies, it's good to know that I am not alone.

Jacquie

Drs always nag me that i should make sure i stick my head out a window and get sunllight before 9am as it helps reprogram your body. I always look at them like they are crazy as obviously if i was able to get up before 9am i would. However i have found that with medication i have been able to move my wake up time to 9:40am when i am at my best (still 11:30 at my worst).

Just thought i would share the sunlight idea with you. Opening curtains may even help to wake up the brian if you want a non medicated aide.

Hope things improve for you :)