Physical therapist quit

morgan617

:P I saw this P.T. and told him another one said I was too weak for P.T. He laughed and said how silly is that? On Friday I fainted for the second time, he didn't catch me and I did a face plant. I was on the couch, but I had apparently turned to try and tell him and my body just went with my head turn. Don't remember that, he told me. I couldn't figure out how I could have hit the floor and not the couch.

Yesterday, he came and told me I was too weak for P.T. :) He's sent a note to my doctor. Someone was kind enough to send me all kinds of info about mito disease and I was shocked when I read it. So POTS and mito, that could be an interesting mix. Sure would explain a lot of things.

Anyway, pretty discouraging. I will do some exercises in bed, but for now limit it to that I guess. morgan

Hi Morgan,

I am sorry that your PT gave out on you. I think it is for the best for now because it was making you worst and you could hurt yourself badly during a fall.

I have also lost some therapists and doctors because they did not like me fainting on them. It is very frustrating to be sick and to be rejected because we are sick.

I hope things will get better soon.

Morgan,

Perhaps it's best if you take a break, but if you're determined to stick with PT, I'm sure you can find a therapist who is willing to work with you. I went to PT and when I first started seeing Holly, I couldn't even do five leg lifts or curl a 2 pound weight (after four months in bed it's no wonder :P ). Anyway, Holly worked with me for two months and by the final session, I was able to lift my 35lb wheelchair in and out of my station wagon (which was my final goal).

If Holly worked with me, there should be someone out there who is willing to work with you too, and who won't push too hard either.

Good luck,

Lauren :angry:

Morgan,

Sorry your PT left. Maybe you just need a little break from it for a bit. I hope when you are ready, you find a PT who can hellp you!

Are they quitting on you because they dont want you fainting on them or do they think that PT will be of no help to you? If you can handle it then i hope that you find another PT who will be able to help you :P Its horrbile when people give up on you.

I have never heard of a dr quitting on a paitient because of fainting .. how horrible!

Sorry about your PT morgan :angry:

I know it's frustrating...I haven't even attempted PT yet...I figured I could do a lot of it alone in my bed...

YIKES..that sounded naughty!! :P

I'm talking about leg lifts and ab crunches of course! ;)

Interesting about the possible new angle with the mito thing..keep us posted.

:(:):D