Nationality Results

Guest thisblows

Guest thisblows

Thanks for everybody who responded in the nationality post. I find it odd that everybody was full white with european desent. If really makes me wonder about this wierd disorder. It almost seems as if people who get POTS are genetically predispositioned to it. (by race) I also noticed that most of you said you have fair or somewhat fair skin. Humm...dosen't it make you wonder? I mean people of all races get viruses and have babies but only the white people get a strange disease after it? I bet there is a genetic link to it somehow...it's just too strange. Any thoughts?

Hiya, there are people who are non-white who get these disorders too. My friend Amy is mixed race (mom white, dad black) and she has probably the most severe autonomic problems of anyone I know...she's been homebound for the past few years...hmm...I think she's about 28 now. I met her when she was 24.

It is possible that those of European descent are more susceptible...but I wouldn't judge by the numbers on this board or others. One possible reason that mostly white people are here is perhaps we've had better access to healthcare than other groups, or financial resources to regularly be on the internet.

Nina

I think Nina is correct. Also if you look at the statistics of people using the internet now, the greater majority are "white"/of European descent. So, that could also skew the results of the poll. But, it is very possible that there is a genetic link for POTS. There are some studies that show evidence of this. Unfortunately, too little is known still.

Dr. Stillman at the Cleveland Clinic told me about a study about this same topic. This was more in reference to migraines, but he said fair skinned, haired, and eyed women are more prone. I wonder if this links with POTs as well? I'm wondering if the Cleveland Clinic has this article or someone knows about it?