feeling fluy

dizzygirl

Hello to all my potsy pals!

I am wondering... since I was like a kid (9-10 yrs old) I would very often feel like I had the flu... chills-lovely internal to external body shakes.. nausea diarrhea.. body aches..feverish..oh! and the ever so lovely cold body! you know the usual... and accompaniing that would usually come streph throat or tonsilitus. or something.. or nothing but the symptoms.. docs constatnly would tell me you have the flu... now If you had the flu 7 times in one month.. wouldnt you second guess that DX!! and I always had streph or tonsilitus... on the average of 2-3 times a month.. I would go to bed fine and wake up with in the early hours of the morning.. and would want water so bad! but hurt so bad to swallow!

I now wonder if it was normal to have these "infections" so often...

LOL! funny story now.. :D (embarassement from adolescent yrs!!.)but not so funny at the time.. when I was in 8th grade.. and would miss school my mom would send note saying that I had the "flu".. during what I know call POTSY flares!.. so the kids somehow got wind of this.. and I got hte nickname all thru 8th grade of "FLU BUG"....isnt that nice! NOT! kids are horrible!! I was not amuzed (SP??) at the time...

Now that I know most of my smptoms are pots realted.. I know pretty much that I dont have the FLU!!

But is it normal to feel so fluy(like all the time?) aside from POTSy things? I mean like mild sore throats.. and such.. non stop ear aches..feeling like you have a blader infection.. but no bladder infection?? am I making any sense here?or am I babbling b/c i feel fluy today!! B)

thanks for listening to me ramble.. I am having a hard time putting into words what I actually want to ask.. cant think clearly today! SORRY~!

Hi, I also get the lovely sore throats, bladder infections, etc. all the time. I often wonder if it is somehow related to POTS. I used to get sore throats alot while I was in school, not so much now but when I do get one it's pretty bad.

Have you had an infectious disease workup? There could be lots of reasons why you have had ongoing flu like symptoms since you were young.

I was the same was as a kid and as I got older.... For me it turned out to be Lyme Disease.....

Feel Better and I would definetly look into it more.

I'm constantly checking to see if I have a fever because I'm SURE i have the flu--but almost never do. It's just my wacky body freaking out. I get more flu-ish during allergy season, I think because my body is then fighting on so many fronts.

What seems to help me is extra sleep. Doesn't make it go away, but makes me feel way better.

Nina

Unfortunately, I feel like I have the flu most of the time. Like Nina, I used to take my temp all the time (it was ALWAYS below normal!!) convinced I had an infection. The danger with this is sometimes you really do have an infection as I did this fall. I took an antibiotic and felt like a new person. Dsautonomia stinks- you feel bad so much it is hard to tell when you have something that has an easy fix or if your sxs are just more dysautonomia problems.

Carmen