Severe Stomach Upset

Guest CyberPixie

Guest CyberPixie

Twice now, if I've had a lot of stress or been very upset I would get either a terrible headache and feel extremely tired or have agonising joint pains and then all of a sudden out of the blue I'd start being sick and having diahorrea like a really violent stomach bug over 24-48hrs.

I thought this was an adrenal crisis as Addisons is suspected in me but my endo says it could be POTS.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, sometime I will get bad stomach pains then have to go the bathroom. While in the bathroom I feel very faint, weak, and I get sweaty. Still don't know what causes it :lol:

Hi CyberPixie,

It could be a lot of things, but I know that along with POTS, I have IBS and that can cause severe diarrhea when i'm under stress. The autonomic nervous system regulates digestion, so it is all interrelated. I hope you can work with your doc to find the cause! It is most unpleasant to have severe cramps and diarrhea...not to mention it makes you dehydrated!

Kristen