I can't handle this anymore!!!!

AJVDK

Well over the weekend things got even worse, from leg pain to backpain to no sleep last night. This week is my last week of and work, and on my way to work my eye sight went I could see more then 15- 20 feet in front of my car and it was bruled, and I was very dizzy. When I got to work i found myself graying out and not even being able to hold a full convestion. Things though the day got worse I left at 3:00 pm the thought well my family doctor is out today ( he's handling most of my care, and with Cleveland). So I though I would try a walk in clinic instead of going to the ER. I have a $1000.00 I have to pay before the insurance kicks in and pays (new year). Don't get me started on BCBS. Anyways so I had to wait in the waiting room for 45 mins to get called back the hole time I am dizzy and my head is in pain and there are children all over screaming ( I feel bad for them but I was just not feeling well.) I should have know that when I heard the doctor ask the nurse she has what??? What is POTS, and what with the blood volume??

So then the doctor comes in and acts nice even though I already know he doesn't know anything. So he ask all these dumb questions, ( never checks my b/p, says my heart sounds ok, my heart was paced at the time, I told him my pacemaker paces most of the time. ) I told him I was worried as I almost passed out today and that I felt really off, I told him I had a bad pain in my head and neck, and that I dizzy most of the day. So he has his nurse drow blood, which she could get it out of my arm for a cbc so the just take it off my finger. He comes back and says, everything looks good, well you may be alittle anemic, or you may have a viral infection?? So I asked him if there was anything I could do about the head aches, and neck pain, and my vision problems today, he said when you get home you could take so advil. He said he feel sorry for my and hopes I feel better. I turly beleive he thinks I am crasy. I hate Doctors........

Sorry to vent, I am soooooo mad and I still feel bad. Plus now I am out my copay, and didn't get any help. I am going to try to get in to see my doctor on tuesday, but grenally it takes a few days to get in!

Well sorry to vent!

I hope you are all having a better day then me!!!!!

Amy

It is too bad your regular doctor was not available. I think with POTS, a walk-in clinic is not likely to have the knowledge to treat you. However when symptoms are bad enough that you need emergency help, then you are left with emergency care to rule out known serious causes.

I hope you are feeling better and that you can get to your own doctor.

Guest Belinda

Keep your head up..aaahhh the greatness of going to doctors for help and them not understanding but I agree walk-in clinics may not be the best route.

I hope you are getting a little relief and are able to get to your doc. ASAP..

Belinda

Thats for all the imput! :) I am going to stay home on tuesday and try to get into see my doctor. I has had a chance to rethink what happened today, and I think I just need to look on the positve side I am here, and I will do the best that I can, and try to find the best treatment that I can one day at a time, and not worry about want people that don't know about POTS think. It there loss. It that doctors loss that he doesn't know how interresting we are! :P

Anyways thanks for being here for me. I am going to tell my doctor about all the new things going on and see what happens! I am very worried that there is somthing going on though. I am getting very worried about forgetting things, at frist it was a funny joke, and to others, but now I am very worried, also my vision is changing to fast, and my pain un my head will not stop. It sounds dumd but it feels like I have a knief stuck in the back of my head where the neck meets the back of the head. Does anyone else ever have anything like this. I am worried, an keep think is going to go away, but that why I am so upthight. I am worried it somthing more that POTS and NCS......... I just don't feel right!!!

Well thanks for listing have a great night!!! :)

Amy

I hope you get some answers from your doctor.

Don't forget, you can send an educational brochure to that doctor you saw who didn't know about POTS. Just fill out the form on our website, www.dinet.org

Best wishes,

Michelle