POTS an oveverwelming endurance

happy63

Hi everybody! Im new here.I have been diagnosed with POTS since June 2001.I think that the symptoms have always been the same since 1989. I have been suffering from tachycardia, dizziness,terrible headaches and I fainted from time to time...But fortunately my cardiologist prescribed for me a Betabloker and Xanax and some vitamines which helped me improve a great deal. I have taken those medecines for about 10 year. Taking my medecines and following my doctor's instructions I was more or less OK.It was only in the year 2001 when I felt that my healt has made a change in my life, my dizziness has been uncontolable and my BP has been very low . I did my Tilt Table Test and the diagnosis has been POTS. I have been prescribed Fludrocortisone, Gardenal, Magnesuium, Betabloker and I have been told to drink lot of watter and to wear compression sockings during the day.I had been under those drugs for about three years but there was no positive change concerning my symptoms,exept that my BP raised to 160/90.

Oh I feel sick to remember that periode of my life. I had spent plenty of time looking for people who would travel abroad and buy Fludrocortisone for me for the simple reason that it is not available in my home coutry.I stopped taking those medecines once again for about 18 months .And it is only in November 2004 that did my Tilt Table Test and have been re-diagnsed with POTS. Nows I am under Gardenal,Magnesium,Venamitol and I wear compression sockings.Fludrocortisone is prescribed fo me but who will import it for me? May God healp me and grant me health.I whish that you will all of you enjoy reading my story even if it is some what redendant. :D

I replied to your post on NDRF too, but I thought I'd add something else here. If you cannot obtain florinef, you might see if you can get an herb called liccorice root, or even black liccorice candy. Liccorice contains an ingredient which can elevate blood pressure; certainly you should ask your doctor before taking anything new, but if you absolutely can't get florinef, which was prescribed, you might ask if there are other options. Also, you might want to look at the main section of the DINET site that reviews treatment options, prescription and nonprescription.

http://www.dinet.org/what_helps.htm

Nina

Ernie, I think Amouna is in Morocco, which has very strict drug regulations. However, I don't think florinef is among the tightly regulated drugs like pain killers. If xanax can be had, as is listed in the post, then I would think importing florinef might be possible. Perhaps a doctor might be able to do so?

Nina

Amouna,

Welcome to the board...I am so grateful that you have found our little spot on the internet...we are becoming a truly WORLD WIDE community. It is quite beautiful.

I am sorry that you are struggling so...I do not have any good answers, but wanted to welcome you.

Emily

Thanks ever so mutch Emily. I am very happy to to meet all meet all the members of this forum.

By the way, I am very optimistique despite everything.

Amouna

I replied to your post on NDRF too, but I thought I'd add something else here. If you cannot obtain florinef, you might see if you can get an herb called liccorice root, or even black liccorice candy. Liccorice contains an ingredient which can elevate blood pressure; certainly you should ask your doctor before taking anything new, but if you absolutely can't get florinef, which was prescribed, you might ask if there are other options. Also, you might want to look at the main section of the DINET site that reviews treatment options, prescription and nonprescription.

http://www.dinet.org/what_helps.htm

Nina

Thank you very much Nina, you are doing your best to help and I am very grateful to you. As for Florinef I have given up trying to get it, but I will try to look for it once again in . Curently I am rainsing salt and taking the others medecines .

Amouna

welcome! I'm sorry to hear you are having problems getting prescriptions. Are you able to get proamitine (midodrine)? I use that as well as salt with some success. Perhaps that would be easier to get prescribed. I did not have good results from the other so thats why I was changed. Hope you can find a dr. that will get the right drug to you.:-)

Hi corina,

Is NDRF associated *** DINET at all?

For me, Dinet is a fantastic resource, if this NDRF is part of Dinet, I might be interested. How do I get to it if it isn't.

If it's like one of these alt.binaries - I'm not interested, too many flamers.

- Sorry to be off topic of of 'POTS an overwhelming endurance', just I have never heard of NDRF, and wonder who and how it is affilated with DINET since one of the moderators is posting there - and I don't know how to get there...

Thanks Corina,

I understand. I only wanted to know just in case there was another 'arm' to dinet and I might be missing out on some vital info.

I seem to find all the answers I need here.

I too am not in the US... Australia, by way of New Zealand, UK, Tokyo and Hong Kong.