pacemaker surgery

taylortotmom

yikes is right. i guess that's one way to alleviate the amount of pre-surgery jitters....take away two weeks of waiting! you will DEFINITELY be in my thoughts & prayers, and this way hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your birthday a bit more. i was in the hospital myself on the 30th (through the 5th i think...) last year so can relate to the new years' hospital fun....do you know how long you'll have to be there best case scenario?

i really hope the pacemaker will bring you at least some relief from some symptoms (the more the better of course!)

B) melissa

Good luck with the pacemaker! One thing I can say is I thought It was going to be the worst surgery, and it really wasn't bad at all, I fetl more pain when I had my 1st ablation whoch wasn't that bad, plus due to me "drug problems" it the past I wan't to remind "clean" as I was worried so I did it with no pain killers. I think I was crasy, but really it was bad! I wish you the best of luck, and help it help you out!!!! Happy B_day to!

Amy

Definitily will be thinking of you! My husband was surprised with a pacemaker last year. Of course he didn't have all of your other problems. I think just doing it is better cause you don't have to think about it. He talked about hunting with the surgeon the whole time. came home next day. He really did come home changed. Soo much energy! I asked the Dr. if I couldn't have one and she said no, I didn't have his problem:-( I hope your results are as good and the results as terrific as his. We'll be looking forward to your post!:-)

Carmen,

thinking of you.

A friend had a pacemaker inserted recently after her hr was down to 25. she said it wasn't nearly as horrible as it seems. She had it inserted with a local. But I understand your jitters. If a certain drug regimen gets approved for my myasthenia, I will become a candidate for a pot-a-cath and I'm already kind of squeamish about it.

Wishing you that it goes smoothly, and that it helps you a lot.

Love,

Ariella

Thank you everyone! I will definitely be in for at least one night and then hopefully, on my way home from there! I'll be glad when it is this time next week! A New Year and some new wiring.

Carmen

I also hope everything went well for you. Keep us updated and I hope it helps with your symtpoms!

Hello, everyone. I am home recovering. Yowsa- it hurts!!! Unfortunately, I was wide awake during the procedure and look forward to showing my cardio what a "pin prick" really feels like! But... it's done and I am anxious to see how much of a change it will have for my quality of life. Thanks for all your good thoughts!!

Carmen