Encouragement

Meghan

I recieved this beautiful quote in an e-mail and wanted to pass it along to all of you since it greatly encouraged me. It reminded me that although we may be suffering with long term illnesses, there are special virtues which emerge as a result of our suffering.

I hope that every one is feeling well!

Best Wishes!

~Meghan :)

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

-~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I collect quotes...and this one is my all-time favorite:

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.

--Albert Schweitzer

I would like to share mine, which everyone is probably familiar with. One of my children gave me a plaque years before I was ever sick and I still live by it, it sits by my bed and sometimes gets me through a crisis.

It's the Prayer of Serenity

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know.....the difference.