Nadolol

Guest Belinda

Guest Belinda

I am being switched from Toprol Xl to NAdolol by an electrophysiologist he also is finally giving me something for blood volume. Hooray.

Just wondered if any one has tried NAdolol?

He is also going to start me on Wellbutrin??

Just wondering about side effects

hi belinda -

i have NO experience with nadolol so hopefully others will chime in on that. not sure how much will come up but perhaps a search would be worth a try as well.

dr. grubb did try me on wellbutrin years back though and while it did nothing positive for me there were no problems either. honestly i couldn't tell i was taking anything new at all. i know some others have had success on it though.

hope one and/or the other end up helping you greatly...

B) melissa

Aloha Belinda,

I was on nadalol for six years and it really helped with tachy episodes and kept my unnaturally high resting heart rate normal. I had a good experience with nadalol initially: no nausea which I understand some people get. But after about five years I began to feel increasingly fatigued. The doc thought it might be the nadalol and switched me to atenolol. This seems to be less draining. However, I think it's hard to tell whether its the meds or the POTS that is making me tired. Both beta blockers worked well for me in dealing with tachy episodes, however. I still get them, but I believe far less frequently than I would otherwise.

I've also heard people report increased shortness of breath with nadolol but I think you can get that on any BB.

I think it's different for everyone and depends on what other drug combos you are on.

India

Hi again Belinda!!

I am on nadolol ~ only 10 mg in the morning (1/2 pill). A whole pill (20mg) made my blood pressure go a little too low. I have tolerated the nadolol well. It keeps my SVT, PVC, and PACS at bay. I am allowed to take another 1/2 pill later on in the afternoon if I notice a lot of palpitations.

This does not keep the tachy away, but does control it and keep my heartrate lower.

My wife is on Naolol as well. It has kept her extremely high heart rate under control, but it is a balancing act because it also can lower your blood pressure, so she is on florinef to bring the pressure back up. She has been on it for quite a while and it works for her when alot of other things wouldn't. It's only function for her is to keep the heart rates under control. She has a pacemaker to deal with the low rates.

Hi! Ive been on Wellbutrin for over a year and it has really been wonderful for depression and then found out it was also helpful for NMH/POTS. no side affects that I know of 300xr one in morning. I've been on Nadolol for about two to three months for the POTS I get when my BP gets so low. half a tab in orning and half a bedtime. I don't know if there are side affects, since i'm terribly fatigued most of the time and suspect being on midodrine to raise bp 3 x aday and then countering with Nadolol to keep the pulse rate reasonable. My readings are good so I would half to say its working. Good luck!:-)