Nausea theory.

bamagirl

Has anyone had a doctor explain what causes the nausea in dysautonomia? I wake up sometimes with nausea in the morning and have waves all day long for days. Since I have these horrible surges in BP and hear rate and no BP drops or fainting, I wonder if something is stimulating the part of the brain that triggers nausea. Anyone get any confirmations on this theory?

bamagirl

I don't know that I have seen an explanation--but I think it may have to do with inadequate blood flow to the digestive organs--due to blood volume or pooling or to inappropriate restriction of blood flow. I know that people with essentially "migraines of the stomach" (which I only learned recently is actually a diagnosis) get intense nausea as well as vomiting due to blood flow restriction.

Are you using any meds or doing anything to try to increase blood volume (e.g. salt, fluids)? I find that my (minor) problems with nausea tend to improve if I can increase my blood volume.

Katherine

I get nausea in the morning too. I used to think I was pregnant! Now I just live with it - it wakes me nice and early most mornings. Nausea is usually coupled with extreme fatigue and a racing heart for on waking for me. Fortunately my nausea goes away within about an hour of getting up. Cutting out sugar and refined carbohydrates recently seems to have helped quite a bit, as well as making myself eat an apple and some wholegrain toast when I get up. Sometimes sitting in the sun and getting some fresh air helps too (summer here in Australia). It's awful though I know!

Actually, I have heard an explanation for it, something to do with an imbalance between the sympathetic & parasympathetic divisions of the autonomic nervous system. The parasympathetic nervous system is mainly concerned with digestive function.

Dont know, my doc thought that it was my gallbladder, but it is ok, and he hasnt said anything further about it. but if you find out please let me know. I dont eat much anymore because of the nausea and bloating so if I could get some answers too it would help. Vanessa <_<

Has anyone had a doctor explain what causes the nausea in dysautonomia? I wake up sometimes with nausea in the morning and have waves all day long for days. Since I have these horrible surges in BP and hear rate and no BP drops or fainting, I wonder if something is stimulating the part of the brain that triggers nausea. Anyone get any confirmations on this theory?

bamagirl