POTS and NCS?

AJVDK

Ok I am getting ready for my disaility haering on Dec 23. now dumb question I was looking at my medical records the doctor in june only told me I had POTS, but the medical records so I have neurpcardiogenic syncope. Are these close to the same. Can you have both? Dumb question I know but I want to make sure that anything that needs to be listed is on the paper work!

Thanks,

Amy

Get this on I am ready my medical records from Mayo, they said I had POTS in march 05, and that they beleive I have sleep apnea and that I should have a test run at home.et this one I was not told any of this. All I was told is that I was having PSVT, and Frequent SPVC's. and they made adjustments on the pacemaker. I can't beleive they thought I had POTS there. I went to two more doctors, before I was told I had POTS in June of 05 Anyways, I don't want to read anymore........ o'well things happen!

Amy

Both of these disorders are in the same family (POTS and NCS) and to be honest at this time, with the knowledge out there it most likely will not matter in terms of your disability hearing which one or both of these you have.

What WILL matter is how well documented your records are in showing specifics of what you can no longer do and how you are limited (your ability to sit, stand, bend, carry weight etc). If your medical file does not comment or support the ways in which your work ability is compromised then they may have you go to an independent medical exam of some type or deny the claim.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!

Hi, I also have both. Anyhow, good luck on your hearing, let us know how you make out.

Jacquie