Life keeps changing....

AJVDK

Well as some as you know I was taling about quitting my job. Well on Dec 15th I gave noitce after working for my company for 5 years. If funny I thought I would always be there. The good thing if things change with my health I have an open door to come back. So I thought thursday as going to be the worse day for me, but then friday came. I thought with making the annoncement that some stress and maybe I would feel better with some of the stress gone, but I didn't. I fact I just felt wrose. Thank god Cleveland called me back, and we are makeing mild changes in meds. My family doctoer is having oxygen deilierd next week so that I can use that as need as it did help some yesterday in the office. and then I even wnet and got my handcap stick for my car yesterday as I am having a hard time walk very far anymore. Plus the hard thing for me also is next week a wheelchair so I can still go out and be aboe to go with my husband and son, as I get ried very easy. So I know all these things are going to help me, put I guess I never thought I would happen to me. On the good side of things I am getting the wheel chair for free, as my doctor is giving it to me, and check this on out my therapist of 5 years told me that when I go on disablity that disablity is no cover in the office (medicad i think??) but due to everything we have gone thought the the changes I have made that when I can no longer pay for therapy, she would do it for free. Wow I can;t beleve how things are working out. I have been depressed about money, worried about everything and things are strating to work out. Thanks for the prayers. Also if you know of anything I can do to help other with POTS, finding ways to help raise money for the web site let me know. I am going from working 45-60 hours a week to nothing (plus I don't want to gice up, my goal is to take a break, slow down, and work on find what works for me so I can return to the work force again someday) and would like to do somthing when I feel good, plus if I am helping others, all the better!!!

Talk to you all soon!

Amy

amy -

while situations are never exactly the same i can definitely relate to what you mean about all the changes, and also from the perspective of a twenty-something. i'm sorry i wasn't able to respond to your earlier post about work; my fingers weren't cooperating with typing for a few days this week at all. but you have been on my heart & in my thoughts. i stopped work at almost this exact same time last year and have to be honest in saying that i don't know if i would have ever been able to make the courageous & tough decision in the way that you did. for me i was in the hospital and never was able to return so i sort of had it "easy" in the regard that i didn't have to actually make the decision. but then i had ot return several months later to clean up my desk and whatnot so that was super hard. the fact that you were able to leave on your own accord - no matter how hard & not what you wanted to have to do - is great. and i'm so glad that your boss was suprisingly supportive and that you have an open door. that's a huge gift and a complement to the hard work you've already put in over the years.

i'm glad that you're seeing some of the good in things already in the midst of them being tough. and that others are helping you to do so. that's awesome about your counselor & your doc giving you the wheelchair and all. the wheelchair is a tough decision/acknowledgement but hopefully will give you at least a bit more freedom. as you know i got mine over the summer & while i'm still really limited i would be even more so without it. and having a supportive therapist in the midst of all this is truly priceless. the car sticker is also helpful to have, though hard to acknowledge needing, so i'm glad you took that step as well. it sounds as if you have a lot of supportive people around you and while that doesn't make everything okay or easy it certainly helps.

changes are so hard. and decisions in the midst of unpredictability. i know that's something i'm struggling with big time these days. i'm sorry that you're having to make them but glad that you're doing so and that they're going as well as they are.

keep on keepin on,

<_< melissa

Changes can be very hard to make but can certainly be worthwhile, it seems you are having one of those! The turmoil leading up to making the decision can be rough. I went through that quitting my last job. Now, I don't regret it one bit. I have a job that works better for me and my kids schedule, not so hectic.

Hope this is the beginning of many good things for you to come.

Hi Amy,

I'm facing changes in my own life, so i empathize. It is so hard to deal with not working. For a while I was on a break, but I am slowly facing the fact that i cannot just go back full time in January. It is hard to deal with emotionally. I think you are being very wise and positive in the way you are handling this. Go easy on yourself if you feel down. This may be a positive change for you, but it will have its tough times. Hang in there!

Kristen

amy,

you made a very hard decision and although you are having a real tough time now you will find that this is the best for you. we know how you feel. take your wheelchair and go out with your family, at frst you'll feel bad but when you got used to it you will be able to join your family instead of staying home alone. you just go for it and try make the best of it, i know you can. and thank you so much for offering your time to dinet, that will help us all!!!!!

corina

Amy,

Sorry to hear you have been forced to make such tough decisions. It is really tough at first but its great to hear that other things are working out for you. I hope you feel better from not having to work and lower stress levels etc.

I had to drop out of school 6 years ago and now i am about to go back full time. It can take time but hopefully your drs will be able to find ways to improve your situation. Best of luck xoxo