Social Security Approval

bbdeezy

Well I just got the greatesst Christmas present today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was approved for my SS disability the first time . I did it all my own ( well Moms prayers helped Im sure) but i was shocked. I had an attorney on the backburner so to speak just to be ready for appeal. I am so excited. I havent gotten my letter to know if its on the mental or actual POTS yet but i will update when I find out. I know i prayed over those papers before i sent them in and when i went for my exam i prayed i would find favor with the examiner. So all you who are trying.................dont give up!

Belinda in MI

congrats :)

i received the opposite news in the mail today but honestly it almost made me laugh (something that i realize is easier for me b/c i'm recieving benfits from my LTD and thus the decision won't affect me either way right in the moment financially). it specifically said that they didn't receive records/info from people that i know sent the info and have proof of such. and said that i have pain, which isn't the case at all. hmmm....i'm only annoyed b/c i'll have to deal with the mess of the process and thankful that i don't need the money to pay my rent right now. i also realize that if i had been as anal with the application process as i usually am with things that matter there might have been a different outcome....i had a deadline imposed by my LTD that meant i couldn't get them all my records myself in the midst of being in the hospital, etc..

but enough of that. congrats on your early christmas gift.

B) melissa

Congrats on your approval!!! I have had countless "breakdowns" or whatever you would like to call them, lately. How did you get through all the waiting, etc. I have done everything I can it just stinks that it takes soo long. I hope I have the same luck you did, well not that any of us are lucky to have POTS..or to go through the long disability process...you get the point! CONGRATS once again! :)

That's so great to hear you got through on the first time!!! Wow!! I hope the same thing will happen with me. I applied back in june and have yet to hear anything from them. How did it take?? Just wondering. I'm a bit worried about my disability going through cause i was also applied for medicaid and was denied because they didn't consider POTS to be disabling or a disability. so i don't think my chances are too good, but i'm still hopeing for the best.

I filed Aug 31 this tr and approved today. so 3 1/2 months, i am not sure whether it was POTS or the depression/panic attacks that got it. But who cares.....Im both! Have you called to see if there iis anything you can do to help them as far as Soc Security? I heard that helps. I knew it was gonna take 120 days anyway so the actual waiting just kicked in. But it has been nerve wracking as far as the anticipation.

Congrats, I got approved the second time, first with attorney. Had hearing Sept 9. Approval Sept 17. Check Nov 1. Bank called to say that I was carrying a high balance in my checking account--did I want a money market?? I was approved for POTS. Miriam