EYESIGHT

How many folks have problems with their eyes? sPECIFICALLY INFLAMED OPTIC DISCS,

Papilledema, or other problems that cause your vision to be a problem. I have papilledema--inflamation of the optic disc in only one eye. It is major swelling. Today I have a LP.....To check the pressure. Don't know the next step. But the neuro-opthamologist I see doesn't know anything about pots. He also said and the articles confirm that sleep apnea and increased weight can play a role. My PCP whoknows POTS wad trying to do a literature check to see if athis is associated. So I am asking if anyone has this problem.

Miriam

No papilloedema... but chronic dry eyes. My opthamologist says it goes with autonomic problems. I have to get my glasses changed at least once a year. My husband goes nuts and asks why I bother to get them changed that often since we really can't afford it. But I am frustrated when I can't see!!!

I hate when I can't see either, but even new glasses don't work well any more.

Floaters are pretty common. I know if I turn my eyes very far in one direction or the other, I have floaters for several minutes.

It's really important,as Miriam and I have found out, to get your eyes checked on a regular basis as you usually don't get really symptomatic until there's damage from htn. Even episodic htn can cause problems.

I don't have a diagnosis and usually don't bother to have this problem checked out. I just assume that my all of my blurred vision is either from very low blood pressure (not enough oxygen getting to brain, therefore eyes) or just POTS acting up.

I never change my prescription. I went in once last year and they told me that my right eye had gone from a -400 to -325. I was so excited! But that only lasted a few days. So I just get the same script I've been using for the past 10 years.

I wish the doctor's would get serious and pay attention to Dysautonomia!

i sometimes get blurred vision during worse times but the last few weeks - in connection with my increased pins & needles body-wide - i've had the vision issue almost constantly. i have dry eyes too and as a result have greater vasculariztion in my eyes as they're trying to "breathe." nothing "major" though for me as of yet. i have a super strong prescription as it's been gradually increasing since i started with glasses in first grade but have just now been thinking about going to a neuro-op b/c of the more constant blurring as i just had my eyes checked a few months ago. i thought the blurriness was the adderall dr. grubb started me on but it caused multiple problems without helping so i haven't taken it for 2 weeks now and the blurriness remains. fun, fun, fun.

hope you get some answers soon m (and others)....

:blink: melissa

Miriam... I dont have what you are speaking.. but I have alot fo troble with my eye (s)..

I have a great deal of blurry spotty.. cluody.. dimming vision.. I have floater constantly.. they are always there.. no matter what my BP is..

I also have some goofy things wrong with my eye (left eye is very bad).. I cant think of what they call the problem with my eye... I know its lazy.. but there are 2 other names tied along with it..

a eye doc told me once that i have one of the most interesting eye that he had even "seen".. i have a split in my retina.. and my eye is only held in place.. by a fine thread.. that if i ever recieved trauma to my eye.. that I would loose it& or the sight permantely..

they think i was born that way..

Hi, I do not have your eye condition, but I do have blurred vision and my eyes fill up with black dots until I can't see out of them. :)