Being there for each other

Deb

I can hardly believe how supportive all of you are to each other, and now to me. As I read through what you've been writing, I realize all over again how fortunate I truely am. I'm 46, I've had a full and happy life so far, I have three grown children, I've had a successful career, I have a wonderful, thoughtful, and supportive husband, oh, and two of the best Golden Retrievers around! :).

One of you wrote today that you used to be the most optimistic person, you'll be that way again. Start by thinking about the little things. The first time I walked down the steps without having to think about it was a HUGE milestone and I whooped and hollered when I realized I had done it. Getting out of bed and not having to go and sit down immedietly, taking a shower by myself, sleeping through the night without waking up soaking wet or burning up, there are so many things that you can be happy about. Learn to celebrate the small things and you'll start to see the old you return. :)

Deb

Glad you have joined the support team, Deb. We have been blessed to have some wonderfully supportive and caring people on this forum. I want to thank all of you who have made (and keep) this forum a positive place.

Michelle

You are so right Deb. Learning to celebrate the small thing is the way for us to get through. I was telling my grandmother the other day that the most frustrating part of this is seeing the things you want to do and knowing you can't. Like on those days when the house is a train wreck and you physically can't do anything about it. That's when I struggle emotionally. We do need to consider ourselves more fortunate than others....it could have been worse. This group is not only a place you come to on the bad days but on the good days to help someone else too. The best part is we are not alone.

best of luck

mindy

Guest tearose

Ditto!

Sure makes me realize how we are all stronger when we pull together too. What is that quote about the "whole" being greater than the sum of the parts..

I'm glad to be a tiny part! tearose