I had a BAD reaction to the Nicoderm this morning, but my Botox was APPROVED today!

mngirl

Today I started the Nicoderm patch - boy what a BAD idea and reaction. I couldn't stand, walk or move my head around. My chest started to feel tight and my mouth got dry, it was even getting hard to swollow. So I called my doc, the nurse said that she would leave hima message. About 15 minutes later it was getting worse and then I started having chest pain. So, I called back and I told them I need to know what to do now, because if he wasn't going to see me I was going to go into the ER. The nurse went and talked with my docs nurse and she said dont' send her to the ER, we will fit her into his schedule. Have her come in now.

I couldn't drive, so I had a friend from work drive me and walk me up to my docs office. They had me go into the office and lay down. My doc came in and I told him what was happening. He said that the Nicotine was supposed to have a calming effect, not making my other symptoms worse. So, he gave me a shot of Toradol to try to help with the chest pain. That only took the edge off, then he had the nurse give me some Demerol - that helped, but knocked me on my butt. That was at 1 this afternoon and I am still feeling the side effects. The bad thing is that my chest STILL hurts. I had to have my DH come and get me (Oh, and he had to just go get Eric from school because he was sick too! - He feels better now thought, thank god). I came home and went straight to bed.

BUT when I was there I told them that I got the Botox approved and gave them the letter, my doc said, lets see what we can to today while you are here. I figured that he would try to get it done, but given all the other crap he didn't. So his nurse called down to teh neurologist (the one I HATE) to see if she could do it - the appt is for FEBRUARY 6th!!!!!!!!! I have to wait THAT LONG! I asked my docs nurse that he said he could do it if he knew the dosages. So I asked her to talk with him about him doing it - I trust him WAY MORE than this neurologist. So, on Monday when I go in for my infusion I am going to see if he will do it or not. I was hoping to get it done before the new year and my insurance starts over. BUT IT IS APPROVED!!!! and they said that they are only approving it one time, and if it works they WILL Approve it again! YIPPPEEE!!!!!

So, that was my day, both bad and good!

Please let him tell me that he will do it and hopefully it will be next week!

~Lisa

What a day you've had my dear! Sorry to hear that the nicotine had a paradoxical effect with you. Bummer. However, the botox approval sure is good news. I envy you for that one b/c I'd love to have a dose or two of botox to hit my trigger points in my head and neck. Actually I may get that at some point if the lidocaine injections don't work (the first one worked for a week, but then the spasms in the back of my head started all over again).

Hope you get good news when you go back to your primary care doc. Nina

I get thoe Lidocaine injections every week and a half - they last about 3 days for me and then it slowly builds up again and thenn time for another injection. I would try to get this approved if I were you - it is supposed to last from 3-6 months!

~Lisa

What a day you've had my dear! Sorry to hear that the nicotine had a paradoxical effect with you. Bummer. However, the botox approval sure is good news. I envy you for that one b/c I'd love to have a dose or two of botox to hit my trigger points in my head and neck. Actually I may get that at some point if the lidocaine injections don't work (the first one worked for a week, but then the spasms in the back of my head started all over again).

Hope you get good news when you go back to your primary care doc. Nina

lisa -

sorry that the patch was such an ordeal...i hope you're coming out of it by now.

but congrats on the botox approval. i'm actually waiting on it myself but for other realms (yours is for GI right?) i had a friend trying for the GI shots last year who never did get approved and she and her parents fought A LOT. i'm trying for the approval for my bladder so that i don't have to cath all the time.

hopefully the approval will be a start of good things to come for you....it's time!

keep on keepin on,

:) melissa