A Bad Day To Start With

Mrs. Glass

I dont know why but when I woke up this morning I started crying and it seems as soon as I stop I start up again. I am so frustrated with everything. Here it is the Holidays, and I cant do the things that I used to do, and I just want to scream. I have to go to my Cardiologist today and I know that I am going to cry again. I hate to cry in public. I dont like anyone to see my weakness. The anxiety is so bad this morning that I am shaking all over. Maybe I will have a huge potsy storm in his office and he will see just what I am going through. I know that I am probably on a pitty party right now but I just had to let some steam off before I crack up completely. I just dont know what to do anymore. I cant concentrate on anything, and I cant do anything but just sit at this stupid computer or lay on the couch. My family will not let me stay in bed. THey say that I dont need to be isolated. That I need to be around the family. I want to be alone, and I know that it is probably the depression, but I cant help it. I dont like to cry in front of anyone. Not even family. It just hurts them more. I had to reschedule my appointment with my Pshychologist because I didnt have enough money for all of the copays this week. And I really need her right now. Well I was hoping if I put my feelings down that it would make me to start feeling better, but it didnt work. Thanks for letting me vent to you guys today. Sorry that I have been so negative. Maybe I will feel better later. :rolleyes: Mrs. Glass

Guest Julia59

Hi Mrs Glass,

It is OK to feel the emotions your are feeling right now. Dysautonomia can really screw with the mind----not to mention some of the doctors we see, and don't forget to add the continuous ignorance in society on this condition. This is something that will come and go for you----and there will be better days ahead.

When you have better control of your symptoms you will be able to enjoy your family and friends more. It is important that you have someone you can trust to confide in----someone that understands. Do you know someone like that? Some one living close to you? It is so important for someone to believe us----this is so real-----so hard----and we feel so robbed of what we once had, so there is nothing worse then to be in this condition and have no one believe you----worst of all, doctors.

I feel for you...................I know how it feels to feel so doomed, but this will pass. You will feel better. Many of us go through these ups and downs. Dysautonomia affects so many functions of our bodies, and hormones is one of them. That's where the mind comes into play------for me that is when I feel the most out of control. When i'm getting near that time of the month all my symptoms kick into high gear----including all the pain. This can also happen when nearing menopause---I am 47 and know it's not far away, so you don't have to be near you period to have the hormone fluctuations.

This disorder is tough to deal with----try not to be too hard on yourself. Your doing a good job, and your doing the best you can--------- :) . Spoil yourself a little----treat yourself to something good-----DO I HEAR CHOCOLATE?--- :rolleyes: If you feel a little too hyper adrengic for chocolate---then try a beautiful white chocolate truffle----from LINDT-CHOCOLATES. Take a bubble bath (if you can handle warm water)---and then enjoy an uplifting movie. Be good to yourself---------- :)

We are hear for you---and don't ever feel afraid to vent your emotions. It's a life saver for me to be able to go into the forums and get support. So many people do not have family or friends who understand or support them. But we will always understand----we know the bullroar that messes up our days. It's not fair----but in the end we end up stronger for it.

I hope you feel better soon-------------hang in there....................... :lol:

Julie :0)

I can offer you support. It is hard to be upbeat, while we may able to put on a good front for a while, it does seem to catch up to us. There are plenty of times when I just want to pull up the covers and call it a day. Crying is just one of the many release valves. We recently had a scare with my 8yr old and after rushing to pick her up from school, take her to the drs, etc,. I came home and all of a sudden it hit me and I cried for a long time, about her, about life in general. Sometimes something sets it off and other times the dam just blows.

Hope you feel better soon and hang in there. :rolleyes:

just wanted to send some (((HUGS))) your way. wish i could do more. it is super tough. i've dealt with losing friends too and it hurts. and the emotions do catch up eventually...my past year has been my roughest yet by far medically speaking and the emotions of that have really been catching up with me lately. i don't like to cry either but i've been doing WAY too much of it lately. ggggggrrrrrrrr. i generally hold it together but i lost it at thanksgiving & have since with my family & a few friends too. don't beat yourself about. i know it's easier said than done but try not to beat yourself up about being honest about how you're feeling.

hang in there,

:rolleyes: melissa

Hi, I don't know what more to say because everyone has given excellent advice. However, try calling your psychologist and if her staff answers ask to have her call you back. Explain your situation maybe you can just talk on the phone for a bit (sometimes letting it all out for a few min. helps) or she could bill you your co-pay. We are very strong ppl here on this board...you don't think just anyone could go through what we all are going through on the board do you?? So keep your head up and know that we all understand... B)