crying and pots

becky

hi all,

erm, has anyone else had it when they cry that your heart races and your heart hurts, like spasms not like palps?

i split up with my fiancee last week and have moved back in with my parents (not only upsetting but very stressful) i've been quite well recently but now i feel awful, my chest hurts really badlyand no matter how much i try to drink i'm still dehydrated.

My doctor say's that this is part of having depression and that it is anxiety attacks, but i know my body and when i'm anxious i get stomach problems.

Anyone got any ideas? i'm just trying to let myself get used to the situation, me and adam were together for five years and lived together for three, even though it was my decision it really hurts.

thanks for reading.

becks x x x

At the risk of sounding trite, it sounds like you are sufferring from a broken heart. I have had periods of time when my heart has literally hurt from emotional stress. It could be related to breathing fast when crying, or all those hormones released when crying, but yeah, a broken heart is for real. I'm so sorry for you. Cry- it hurts- but sometimes, it hurts worse to keep it in.

Carmen

Becky,

So sorry to hear you are facing this. I know exactly what you mean about making the choice yourself but it still hurting. I'm sending you a big hug.

As for the crying, yes, I feel awful after crying. It seems to energize the POTS. So does great emotional stress - for me anyway. I hate crying because it makes me feel sicker, but sometimes my emotions just need this release and there's no stopping the tears.

As always, make sure your doctor has checked out other causes for your symptoms - which is sounds like you did.

I just wanted to let you know how crying impacts my body too.

Love Roselover

Becky,

Crying does the same thing to me. In fact, every time I've had a massive "storm" that sent me to the ER, it was because I'd been very upset and either yelling, or crying or both.

I talked to my doctor about this, and he said my body just can't handle the chemicals that are released when I'm upset (namely adrenaline). I've even passed out when I've gotten angry, right in the middle of an argument, and CLONK!

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this rough patch, and I'm sure being sick only makes it worse.

(((((HUGS)))))) to you.

- Lauren

thanks everyone,

yeah i do think i have a broken heart, but i do react really badly to emotions, i passed out when i was jhaving an argument with someone and i passedout when i heard that we had our house.

i just think that all of the emotions on top on my pots isn't helping.

and now cos i've moved i have to change my docs again, you all know how difficult it is to find a new doctor who understands pots, i already had to change docs once this year cos my doctor told me to be more careful when i pass out!

anyway, think i might go eat my own weight in ice cream, that'll make me feel better!

becks x x x

Becky, I am sorry that you are going through this. Emotions that are extreme aggrevate my symptoms and vice versa probably. Try to stay positive and take care of yourself!

Pam