compression hose

Hello. I am wondering if there is a difference between the jobst hose you go and get measured for and buying them off the internet. Measured they were 120.00, on the internet it looks like 70.00s. My dr specifically said measured, but if it is the same thing.... My hose just say med on the label, so wouldn't it be the same? But, I think the box looked differently--which makes me wonder. Any ideas on the cheapist places to get them? Thanks, JenniferTX

I didnt get measured for them. I ordered mine through the Wal-Mart pharmacy for 25.00. I am on my third size now so the cheap price is great for me. Mrs. Glass

Hello. I am wondering if there is a difference between the jobst hose you go and get measured for and buying them off the internet. Measured they were 120.00, on the internet it looks like 70.00s. My dr specifically said measured, but if it is the same thing.... My hose just say med on the label, so wouldn't it be the same? But, I think the box looked differently--which makes me wonder. Any ideas on the cheapist places to get them? Thanks, JenniferTX

my insurance has always paid for at least a few pairs of them...under durable medical goods. have you checked into that?? b/c the brands are different. i've gotten extras on the internet of cheaper brands & they generally are fine at first but wear out more quickly. of course even the better ones can often be found cheaper online but the brands all fit a bit differently so other than the cheapest ones i think i'd always want to be measured first. cheaper isn't any good if they feel horrible. just my thoughts though.....

:rolleyes: melissa