Anyone in NC/SC area with POTS

danelle

Hi Danelle, I am from Alabama, not as far as some of the folks around here. I understand not being able to work all to well. Just be patient, good time will come.

I am a nurse and not one of my coworkers (or should I say was a nurse) had never heard of this nor had I.

Paige

Hi Paige, thanks for the reply. I too am a nurse!! Why do you say that you used to be a nurse? Do you have to go on disability? I live in western NC and can't find anyone remotely close who has POTS. I would like to hear more about you and how you are doing, what kind of sx you have, etc. This dx is rather new to me even though I have had problems for 18 yrs now. They just seem to be so much worse. Don't know if it is my age(37), stress, or what-I just know I don't like it and it is causing major problems for me. Not just the horrible physical and mental stuff but the financial and marriage problems that I guess go along with a chronic illness. Who do you see for your POTS? I have an appt with Dr Grubb but not until July! I would be willing to go across the world to get better-have any other suggestions? Hope to hear from you soon-Danelle----what part of Alabama are you from?

danelle,

I live in GA, there are very few people around here who know what POTS is. My sister-in -law is a nurse and she has never heard of it. Most of the time when I go to the er the doctors just think that I am crazy. I acutally had a doctor the last time that I was in the er who had heard of it and who called my cardio to see what he would recomend. The word is spreading just not fast enough, especially in the south, at least there are Dr.s up north who specialize in the field. Good luck.