Squirting Noise in my Neck/Head

d4g7

I get a sizzling noise in the back of my neck and head, kind of like someone frying an egg, or holding a rainstick upside down, kind of like a trickle too, and have had this on and off since I was a kid. For me it mostly happens when I am hungry, if my stomach is irritated or my blood sugar is low. I believe it may be a nerve connected to my stomach (vagus nerve) and for some reason I can hear the signals going to and from it in my brain and spine.

• 1 month later...

I have been experiencing this same sound like fluid being squeezed out of a tube with a small hole at the base of head and neck. It is definitely not saliva glands or have anything to do with being hungry because for me it happens even after supper.  It happens randomly but only at night and in the morning when I am laying down.  Sometimes it wakes me up.  It is painless and seems like if I change position of my head and neck it stops.  I mentioned it to my doctor during my physical and she had never heard of that before so I googled it and found this thread.  

Just wanted to conduct a survey so that  i can access the similarities of this case we are into... would like to ask certain questions.. 

1. Traumatic Accident in the Neck

2. Age / Weight

3. Do exercises or Not

4. Is your laboratory results high in Triglycerides and LDL

5. Work or Live in a Cold Environment

6. Always Sit and Play / Work Computers

7. Do have any session from a chiropractor

8. Did you have a MRI Exam? 

9. Dizziness

10. Numbess in hand / forearms / arms

• 7 months later...

Been having this happen for the past year and a half. Always happens to me when I'm laying down, or if my neck is in a certain position and when my stomach growls. So glad I'm not alone, maybe we can all solve this mystery together. 

For my medical history, I haven't had any surgeries or any illness/ diseases. I sometimes get stars in my vision. And autoimmune diseases run in my family along with high cholesterol , high blood pressure and diabetes. So far my blood test come out normal and just started talking to a doctor about my family history. I also might have sleep apnea due to my large tonsils. Also large tonsils itself can affect other things, I mentioned to her that sometimes my neck gets tense when I wake up and she said it might be due to my body having to struggle to take a breath because of my tonsils. 

But I'm thinking on how this relates to the liquid noise, maybe it could be the pressure on your neck due to weight gain or large tonsils. I'm saying this because I have large tonsils and just about 2 years ago also gained weight over covid, about 30 pounds from usual weight. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, josh09 said:

Just wanted to conduct a survey so that  i can access the similarities of this case we are into... would like to ask certain questions.. 

1. Traumatic Accident in the Neck

2. Age / Weight

3. Do exercises or Not

4. Is your laboratory results high in Triglycerides and LDL

5. Work or Live in a Cold Environment

6. Always Sit and Play / Work Computers

7. Do have any session from a chiropractor: 

8. Did you have a MRI Exam? 

9. Dizziness

10. Numbess in hand / forearms / arms

1 : had whip lash from a car incident. 

2: 24 / 144lbs

3: hardly ever

4: triglycerides is 88 normal, LDL 123 high 

5: no I live in socal it's pretty decent during winter and very hot during the summer.

6: yes but not for work. But it consumes alot of my free time and I notice I also have text neck. And a sight hump. 

7: no chiropractor , though I'm thinking of going soon

8: no mri

9: I do, also motion sickness but my dad gave vertigo aswell so I'm not sure if it's also that. 

10: I think so, but I'm not sure if I'm just thinking about it or not. My fingers won't go completely numb or have pins and needles. But I do notice sometimes I'm not that sensitive to touch. But again idk if I'm thinking about it to much because I'm also a hypochondriac and I think everything is wrong with me lol

19 hours ago, Alexia said:

Also large tonsils itself can affect other things,

Hello @Alexia - have they not considered removing your tonsils? Chronically inflamed tonsils can wreak havoc on your immune system, and the breathing problems alone should be a reason to consider removal. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:08 AM, racingheart77 said:

I get the same thing! I have had an mri too and they found nothing. I try to tell docs but I dont think they believe me. It might be related to a csf leak but who knows. Along with this the back side of my neck feels weird. Not painful but like something is clearly not right. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have csf leaks? I do and i have this squirting noise inside my head sometimes.