Found a New Website?

baby_boy

after a quick read-through i don't see anything glaringly wrong on the site but some of the info is definitely less than complete (and thus could be confusing). the site appears to be VERY new, i.e. within the past 48 hours.

obviously i'm biased, but i don't think there's any info there that isn't more thoroughly explained/discussed on dinet & other well-known sites (ndrf, vanderbilt, etc).

:) melissa

katie et al -

one should always be wary of beliving anything on the internet without being certain of the source....regardless of the domain address. while it's true that .com's are more likely to be selling, .org's be nonprofits, etc. and thus that can provide some guidance, there are many ways around this system as individuals, groups, etc. can often buy domain names of most sorts ( for example, http://www.nic.us/index.html)

bottom line is that just b/c a site is .us doesn't mean it's necessarily reliable. or that it even originates in the US.

B) melissa

ditto what Sunfish said... Having a .us address means nothing--you can buy it like any other domain tag like .org, .com, .net, .tv. The only ones you cannot buy are .gov ...and domain names are cheap to set up, less than 10$ US, or about 5 to 7 pounds depending on the exchange rate of the day.

Also, I wouldn't trust info on any site where the whois search revealed a false address. Clearly the site owner is in the UK, looking at the email address and European cell phone number. However, the state and country listed are Arizona, US. It's obviously a UK based site.

Baby Boy, I don't know how you found this site on google, since it doesn't yet appear on a google search (I looked at every last link searching the word "hypotension" via google, and then did the same for just .us sites). The site has not yet propagated and is therefore still invisible to google. This would mean that either you know the person who created the site, or you are the person who created the site as it's invisible to the rest of the known world for now... propagation usually takes at least a week or more.

Nina